Restaurant Review ~
Fitness Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
Cambridge Crossing, Paulshof, and
The Wedge, Morningside
are still digging their way to China (as the saying goes). Which seems
appropriate, considering the influx of Chinese and Chinese goods.
Actually, Hawaii is the place on earth closest to directly under South Africa...
The dreaded revamping disease has spread to
where it is well under way. The former floor of offices has been converted
to a banking mall, and all four banks have moved in. The upper level is
almost devoid of shops as the revamp continues there. The lower level is
very much open for business: Several shops have moved there from the upper level.
Later in the year,
Morning Glen Mall
is going to start being redeveloped, with a new tenant mix and "bigger anchors
etc. that can't be disclosed now. The parking will also be addressed". We
hope that will revitalise this lovely centre that has not realised its
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like "invoice a customer", "enter bills", "receive payments". None of
that technical "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install, easy to use. Bank accounts, bills, invoices, customer and supplier lists, useful graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Available Software Africa: e-mail or call 011 802 6440.
Does a criminal who is afraid of being arrested have an apprehension of apprehension?
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Metro Restaurant, near Sandton Court – A new branch of this "glamorous bistro, bar and ultra lounge" is opening end May 2017 opposite the entrance to Morningside MediClinic.
- Mio Col'Cacchio Pizzeria has reopened in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Restaurant & Coffee Shop. Pizza, pasta, Salad, Drinks.
- Barberazzi Barbershop, Shop 16, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Now in a container on the left of Mimmos. Men's hairdressers.
- New listing: The Eatalian (126 11th St) near Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Italian deli and Restaurant at 126 11th St, Parkmore, next to Victoria Ave.
- Newly listed: The Grillhouse Sandton near Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – 11 Alice Lane, Sandton.
- Seasons Cuisine, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Keto, Paleo, Banting and natural "good clean fair food", largely fresh and organic.
- Healthy Nutrition Dietitian Services, Ground in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – For weight loss/gain & management, diabetes & insulin resistance, high cholesterol & high blood pressure, sports nutrition, IBO/IBS, nutrition during pregnancy & lactation, thyroid disorders.
- Chronic Disease Management & Alternative Medicine, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Chronic Disease Self-Management via Complimentary Alternative Medicine, Western Medicine and Behavioural Science to get the body in balance.
- Drama Therapist, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Creative Communications, Drama Therapist, Family and Organisational Systems Constellations, Trainer and Facilitator.
- MQ Kinetic Therapy, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Posture correction, back/neck pain relief, functional fitness, sports conditioning, body shaping/toning, core strength & balance, flexibility, posture awareness, posture improvement, Pilates rehab.
- Hugo Aesthetics, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Cosmetic Procedures: Botox, Dermal Fillers, Chemical Peels, PDO Threads, Weight Loss Injections & program.
- Registered Dietitian, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Get your body in shape with the correct diet.
- Beautiful Movement, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Stott Pilates, IndiYoga, and Aerial Yoga instructor.
- Energy Healing with Reflexology, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Reiki and Chakra Balancing combined with Therapeutic Foot Massage.
- Totally Me: Intimacy & Relationship Coach, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Helping individuals & couples “find each other”, taking relationships to a deeper level of intimacy.
- Solve+ Advanced Wellness Therapies, in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Heal your body naturally? No indication how.
- Just Biltong Kiosk, Lower Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Biltong kiosk in the atrium outside Red Square.
- Delivery Xtreme Rivonia in Morning Glen Mall – Deliveries to Rivonia, Gallo Manor, Woodmead and surrounding areas from local restaurants and Boulevard Cellars Liquor.
- The Grillhouse - Biltong Kiosk, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre.
- Twisp Kiosk, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Electronic cigarettes.
- W & S Flowers, Basement in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Florist.
- Style Philosophy, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Ladies boutique.
- Gratiea Cosmetics, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Allegedly "age-defying" "natural" skin-care products based on Dead Sea salt and other quack remedies.
- Albizia Book Bargains Kiosk one week a month (Next: 6-13 May) in Bryanston Shopping Centre (also in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre) – Imported UK books at local prices.
- Pics Hub (Kiosk), Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Canvas Printing and stretching, turning your photo into an artwork.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors,
Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
*** Thai Café, Cambridge Crossing, Paulshof
We decided to revisit this restaurant after not being there for a year.
Sadly, things have changed. We ordered Leopard's Leap white wine and hot
chocolate for drinks as it was chilly. Then we both opted for stir fried duck. Alas,
this was a sadly bad choice. The duck was overcooked and tough. It put me off
entirely. My partner replaced his with stir fried cashew chicken, which was
pronounced tender, though the "mild" version was somewhat tasteless.
I think my disappointment killed my appetite.
Contact Details for Thai Café.
Punny Language, English...
Mountains aren't just funny; they are hill areas!
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- Leather and Luggage, Shop 36 in Morning Glen Mall – on the Lower Level. Leather goods: bags, suitcases, belts,.
- Polly Potters Toy Store, Shop 62 in Morning Glen Mall – opened 1 Feb 2013. A quality range of toys and gifts for babies, toddlers and young children.
- DIY Depot Bryanston, Shop 04 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Paint, hardware, building materials, gas. Closed with effect from 23 April 2017. Relocated to Shop 24, Olivedale Corner Shopping Centre, Cnr President Fouche & Olive Rds, Olivedale.
- CBJ Country Clothing, Shop 34 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Casual fashion wear for women of all ages, handmade locally using cotton fabrics with a soft, relaxed look. Still in Killarney Mall.
- Lobster Trap in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Seafood restaurant and sushi. Prices on the high side, food to match.
- La Petit Pizzeria in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – part of the Country Living stable. We hoped their food was better than their French!
- Beauty Factory, Shop G30 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Quality bath and body products direct from the Beauty Factory to your bathroom.
- Caffe Fresco, Shop U22/23 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Food - Restaurant & Coffee Shop. Full a la carte menu, Coffee, Pastry, Wine Menu.
- Execubump, Shop G57 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Maternity and newborn store. No longer online either.
- Handpainted by Carmel, Shop G54 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Gifts, Flowers, Arts, Antiques & Crafts. Hand-painted fabric. Tablecloths, Tablemats, Poufs, Nappy Bags, Cushions, Crockery, Fabric.
- Norman Goodfellows, Shop G26 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Liquor Store, opened May 2014. A premier liquor retailer.
- Pentravel, Shop G58 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Leisure travel agency offering all sorts of travel options.
- Meat etc., Shop G08 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Butchery and deli. Prime cuts, best quality. Opened Sept 2012.
- The Tea Merchant, Shop G19 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Loose leaf tea, teapots, cups, accessories – a complete tea solution. You can still shop online and have it delivered.
- African Queen Boutique, Shop G21B in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – opened August 2013, retailing hats, sandals, and bags mostly made by disadvantaged communities to create employment.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,139 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
THE LIST. Keep a whiteboard or pad of paper on the fridge for everyone in the family to write on when they run out of something (like toiletry items), or use up the last bit of milk or cereal. At our house, this is called “The List,” and if you don’t write it down on The List, do not expect it to magically appear in the house.
SAVE THE TOP HALF. If you are only going to use half a bell pepper,
slice from the bottom and keep the top with the stem intact. This way, the
remaining half of the pepper will last longer in the refrigerator and stay
SUPER FUN GIFT. Here's a great idea for a kid's birthday present:
Assemble your own craft box. Purchase craft items like pipe cleaners, coloured
glue, glitter, paper, stickers, popsicle sticks, stamps and ribbon, along with a
container to hold them. (Many of these items can be found at The Crazy Store.)
Then personalize the container and include a few instructions for some craft
projects. Makes for a great rain-day activity kit. --Allison.
Special Offer: 50% off Business Marketing Course, Today Only!
This really belongs in our new business newsletter,
Doing Business in Sandton, but since the offer expires at midnight on
Friday 5 May, we need to get it to you now! Small business coach
Peter Carruthers writes:
I have run my own businesses since 1984. That first business effort
reached an annual turnover equal to R50 million today. I closed it in 1992 as the economy stopped before the 1994 elections...
I built a new business presenting live training seminars to more than 30,000 small business owners from 1995 to 2003...
All my income since 2004 has come through the Internet while flitting between South Africa, England, Spain and Norway...
These sound like completely different ventures. But one simple marketing style connects them all: Direct Marketing. It's the foundation of every truly successful small business.
In my case, I started using snail mail, then fax, and now email.
The technology has changed. The principles have not.
Marketing has two "arms":
- There is "prospecting", finding new people to buy your products and
services. This has always been the most expensive facet. In the old days we
trooped from door to door. Then we started advertising to differentiate our
products. More recently we use Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google AdWords. These
need lots of technical expertise. And they cost serious money when you get
- The second arm is "nurturing". This is looking after those people that you
know will buy your products and services one day. Direct marketing, using
letters or catalogues, was the cheapest way of doing this. Then email arrived.
It now costs close to nothing to reach every prospect you know. As often as you
My short course on
How to Use Email to Sell More to More People will get you up and running within three hours.
Most of us seem to have had an awful April. So I am offering the course at a 50% discount for anyone joining the course before midnight May 5.
You will send your first email campaign within three hours of starting the course. (It's
only four hours long.) And your first email will be so much better than my first letter back in 1984! (But that built a R50 million business.)
This direct marketing approach has worked for every single business I have
seen try it. It's not full of technical gotchas like AdWords or Facebook. It
does not need scads of technology. It just works.
Join here. Half price. Make more sales in April. And May. And every month for the rest of
your business career... Or your R648.50 back.
Julius wonders why they named a day after the moon: Shouldn't they rather have named a night after it?
Civic: Home Preparation for a Person with a Visual
Impairment, Part 4 (Final)
This is the last of four Home Preparation Tips to Accommodate a Person with a Visual
Impairment, by Jackie Waters of Toastmasters and
hyper-tidy.com: Her home preparation tips will help you make your loved one
with a visual impairment feel more confident and independent (some are
applicable to the totally blind).
Tip 11 (the Kitchen) was in February.
Tip 2 (the Bathroom) was in March.
Tip 3: (Mealtime) was in the April
Tip 4: Organize the Medicine Cabinet
It is essential that you prepare the medicine cabinet for
someone with a visual impairment to illness or a tragic death caused by taking
medication or the wrong dosage. Store
medication in the original container and organize medications in alphabetical
order or in the order in which they are taken each day. Some families choose to
keep medications in more than one location in the home because they take them at
various times throughout the day: they may keep breakfast medications in a
kitchen cabinet and bedtime medications in a bathroom medicine cabinet or
Some people with vision impairment find that marking pill
containers with labels, rubber bands, or tactile dots help them keep track of
medications. Braille labels on medication containers also are helpful. Others
opt for pill containers that divide medication by day or times of day.
One thing to keep in mind as you work to prepare your home
is that people with visual impairment memorize spaces, so you should do your
best to organize and arrange items correctly the first time to avoid frustration
and confusion that can occur if you reorganize. Begin by using our tips and
relying on personal care assistant as needed to make your home as accessible as
possible for your loved one with a visual impairment.
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Overheard at the Checkout:
believe you when you say that you 'overlook' the shelf packing! It would
be a lot better if you would 'oversee' it!"