Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Not with practice!
Yes, you too CAN Speak in Public!
Learn to speak in a
relaxed, fun environment. Meet at 18:45 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, with Transformers Toastmasters.
Call Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
OUTA Reports Back
The latest cleverly-named newsletter, "Inside OUTA", from the Organisation
Undoing Tax Abuse (formerly the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance) is chock
full of interesting –sometimes depressing– articles, including:
- Feedback from Chairman Wayne Duvenage
- Struggling municipalities:
Not enough customers pay their municipal bills. Municipalities owe
Eskom hundreds of millions of rand and can’t make ends meet. So for some
municipalities, the solution is to charge those customers who already pay, even
- Tshwane contract: The City of Tshwane suspended a R30 million contract after an OUTA investigation.
The project was worth R2 million; it was initially budgeted at R8 million
but ultimately signed off at R30m plus VAT! The entire project was
apparently subcontracted, at a total cost of only R1.5 million!
- OUTA moves to strike SAA & SABC conspirators off
the roll of Chartered Accountants: Both the SABC and SAA have good governance policies but it’s essential
for qualified financial professionals to implement them. The responsible CA's should be held accountable
for not doing so.
- Funds leak away from basic water supplies:
While some poor communities are still waiting for access to basic water
infrastructure, government has instead diverted some of those funds to
big-ticket high-profile projects.
- OUTA and SANRAL butt heads
In May, OUTA barred at least 55 of SANRAL’s summonses on e-toll debts to the
value of R2 million. They will defend you too, if you
join as a member
for a contribution of your choice.
- Why does government need a beach in Knysna?
The Knysna local municipality has issued a by-law which allows any
government department to take over a beach. No-one can explain why. Nuclear?
- The Party millions that aren’t for partying:
Public funding for political parties this year is R140.7 million. From
Parliament. Plus more in some provinces.
Sheffield --a piece of open land where they plant and grow chefs.
Single Room to Let in Morningside Manor, 1 July 2017
Cosy Bedroom with en suite
half bathroom. Shared kitchen, dining room, lounge, patio, and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including laundry). Close to shops, restaurants and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Lyoness has moved from Rivonia Crossing 2 to First Floor, Building 29, The Woodlands Office Park, 20 Woodlands Drive, in the Woodmead Area – Global Shopping Community operating in 47 countries. Cashback Card gives 1-5% of purchases back in cash, plus loyalty points to leverage discounts.
- Rivonia On Deck at 17 Autumn Road, off Rivonia Road in Rivonia North Shops is closed for a revamp – "Jozi's premier business and lifestyle centre". African dishes to a fine dining standard.
- Asanka Afrika Cuisine, Upper Level in Rivonia Junction – Fine-dining, blending western food and prominent African influences from Morocco, Egypt, Madagascar, Mauritius, and beyond.
- Stuttafords Woodmead, Shop I on Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – "Branded luxury you can afford" on a 6-month interest-free account. Ladies' & men's fashion, beauty, fragrance, footwear, underwear, jewellery & watches.
- GetFit Garage, activity in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre – Fun Ladies' bootcamp, focusing on strength, fitness and weight loss.
- Scent & Smoke in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Smoking accessories, and perfumes to hide the stink.
- Core-Barre, Shop H03, Upper Level in Hobart Grove Centre – Boutique studio for men and women. Equipment and mat-based Rehabilitative Pilates, BootyBarre and Barre Fusion to improve core strength & fitness.
- Bean Tree Coffee Shop in Hobart Grove Centre in the entrance to Hobart Superspar.
- Rocket Restaurant & Cocktail Bar, Shop RG01/RF01, Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre.
- Pizza Perfect Parkmore, Shop 19 in Parkmore Mews – Pizzas of all sorts, including vegetarian and chilli. Foccacia. Some pasta and salads.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
**** Silver Pine Spur, Upper Level, Morning Glen Shopping Centre
After a really good Speakathon at Ernest Ullmann Park with Transformers
Toastmasters, I was hungry. We dropped in at the Spur and I ordered a rare rump
steak with spinach. The spinach was a mistake as it was full of flour, so it got
sent back. The steak was excellent as was the Van Louvern Chardonnay. The hot chocolate went down well for my partner.. As usual the
service was good and the venue was warm!
Contact Details for Silver Pine Spur.
***** Pappadums, Upper Level, Morning Glen Shopping Centre
There was another couple there enjoying lunch who came to us as they were
leaving to say the only problem they had was the food is so good that they keep
coming back! Very much why we do as well! We indulged in Chicken Hyderabadi,
which arrived somewhat undercooked but was quickly rectified, and Lamb Biriyani.
The chicken was great as was the Biriyani. The Lassi Mango was declared
excellent and my Leopards Leap Chenin Blanc was not only excellent but well
The staff and owners are great and attentive, making it always a pleasure to
Contact Details for Pappadums.
Funny Language, English...
Romances begin with
hand-holding; then things quickly osculate. --Phil Graham, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!!
6,748 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Cut Off in Their Prime:
Back to top
- Direct Deals, Shop I in Woodmead Value Mart – "We beat any price" but not any more.
- ICE International Clothing Emporium, Shop G in Woodmead Value Mart – Daniel Rizotto menswear, etc. Closed 28 May.
- Calligraphy / Sumi E (separate classes) in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre – Calligraphy is simply the art of beautiful writing. Sumi E is Japanese brush painting, an enchanting art form anyone can learn.
- Belly Dance in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre – Tuesdays.
- Weigh-Less in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre – Tuesdays.
- Helen O'Grady Children's Drama Academy in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre.
- Judo in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre – Sensei: Brigitte Hupkes.
- Hampton Hall Interiors, Shop 07 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Interior decorating, design and décor. Furniture and fabrics. Curtaining and blinds.
- PizzaCassO Parkmore, Shop 19 in Parkmore Mews – Pizzas of all sorts, including vegetarian and chilli. Foccacia. Some pasta and salads.
- PizzaCassO Sunninghill, Shop 13 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Pizzas, regular or large, salads, Foccacia, desserts.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Fastest Bed Guy in Town
Julius says he was fast
asleep, but apparently not fast enough, because it still takes a full 8 hours.
Civic Tip: Is Your Car Roadworthy?
The Automobile Association of South Africa writes:
"It's a crime to operate an unroadworthy vehicle on our roads. Would your
car pass? Use this quick guide to find out!"
Rust? Doors? Windscreen?
Windows opening and closing? Lights and indicators? Tread on tyres? Brakes?
Chassis? Exhaust? Engine compartment? Interior?
Read More Here.
How Sugar Affects the Immune System
Refined sugar suppresses our immune system. Does it not then make sense that
when there are colds and flu going around, you should become extra cautious
about giving your children any sort of sugar?
Try this experiment. When you feel a cold coming on, go on a binge and eat a
tub of ice-cream or a slab of your favourite chocolate. Although you might get
immediate satisfaction you will end up feeling worse the next day. Why is this?
It’s because these items are packed with unhealthy sugars.
Read more on the
Little Cooks Club website.
Imported Books at Bargain Prices
Albizia Book Bargains will have a
stall on the upper level (Woolworths Court) at Bryanston Shopping Centre, William Nicol & Ballyclare 10 - 17
June, and on the lower level at Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre 27 June - 3 July.
Overheard at the Checkout
"What did you learn at school today, sweetie?"
"Mummy, we learned how to make babies!"
"Oh.. um.. er... ah.. you aren't doing Biology yet, are you?"
"No, it was in English class!"
"So, um.. ah.. how does one make babies?"
“It’s easy: you drop the ‘y’ and add ‘ies’!”