Restaurant Review ~
Fitness Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
On a personal note, I recently achieved my green belt at Krav Maga, about
halfway to black belt.
Krav Maga (pronounced "Kraav M'gaa") is a self-defence system that focuses on practical techniques drawn from a wide variety of
martial arts. Used by Israeli Defence Forces and various law enforcement
and military organizations worldwide, Krav Maga is known for its focus on
real-world situations and efficient counter-attacks. It includes fitness, unarmed combat, knife and gun
disarms, and grappling techniques. Anyone, regardless of age, gender and fitness level can
learn it quickly and use it successfully. It
is perfectly suited for women and teenagers. We train Monday and
Thursday evenings in Paulshof. Interested? Contact details on the left.
A money-saving tip: If you shop at Checkers in
you get one hour's free parking. Along with your till slip, they print out a
bar-coded slip that you can scan at the parking machines, and avoid the
ridiculous parking charges that start after 15 minutes.
With what sounded like "Chilean wet conditions" promised for the weekend, be
sure to wrap up warmly!
Single Room with Bathroom to Let Now in Morningside Manor
Cosy Bedroom with en suite
half bathroom. Shared kitchen, dining room, lounge, patio, and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including laundry). Close to shops, restaurants and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
The Internet has opened up a slew of new
vocations: I have an uncle in the Grammar Police and an aunt in the Glamour
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Nim's Thai Spa, Ground in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Thai Yoga/Herbal massage, sports massage, aromatherapy, slimming massage, hot stone massage, back, neck shoulder, foot massage. Open 9:00-18:00 every day.
- Watch and Clock Repairs, Ground in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston.
- Imaginate Communications, Ground in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Web design, graphic design, marketing.
- Weight Watchers, Rivonia 7th Avenue in Rivonia Area Shops – Helping people drop unwanted mass. Meet weekly on Mondays in the Tennis Pavilion at Morningside Country Club.
- Rather Tart, Shop 08A,
Morning View – Crepe Parlour & waffle bar: French crepes & Belgian waffle, tarts and quiches. Catering.
- Gourmet Samosserie, Shop 08B in Morning View – Probably samoosas.
- Tatoosh, Shop 09G, Ground in Morning View – Ladies' boutique.
- Morningview Laundromat & Dry Cleaners, Shop 09F in Morning View – Laundry, dry cleaning, dyeing, tailoring, alterations, shoe repairs.
- Perfect Water & Perfect Juice, Shop 09E in Morning View – Purified water, refills, purifiers, replacement filters, water treatment, dispensers. Juice.
- Studio Fix, Shop 09D in Morning View – Hair salon. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-19:00, Saturday 08:00-19:00, Sunday 08:00-15:00.
- Café Matta in Sloane Square – Mediterranean cuisine. Take-aways.
- BAR - Bryanston Appliance Repairs, Shop 2, Ground in Petervale Shopping Centre – Repairs to all kinds of household appliances: Washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, fridges, microwave ovens, stoves, VCRs, Hi-Fi, etc. Bosch, Philips, Hoover, Siemens, Samsung, Defy, Kelvinator, Electrolux, Hitachi, Barloworld, Whirlpool, AEG, LG, Indesit, Speed Queen.
- CycleFO - Cycling Factory Outlet, Ground in Petervale Shopping Centre
– Bicycle shop.
- FUNdamentals Preschool Buccleuch near The Bridge Shopping Centre – 5-7 Twain Avenue, Buccleuch. A warm, safe, secure, structured and stimulating environment in which children aged 6 weeks to 6 years love to learn.
- Visual Eyes, Ground in Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre – Optometrists: Seth Dunlee, B. Optom (UJ), B. Sc (UP).
- Remake Tile Gallery, First Floor in The Colony, Craighall – They seem to sell floor and wall tiles.
- Lolitas, Shop RG01/RF01, D: Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre – Tapas and cocktail bar, upstairs at Rockets Restaurant. No under 23's. Perfect for mingling before or after Rockets. “It’s a lifestyle”.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors,
Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
*** Panettone Cafe, Petervale Shopping Centre
This was Transformers Toastmasters' Induction Dinner so their downstairs private "Cellar"
was chock-a-block with celebration! I chose the Calamari in Napolitana sauce,
which was a mistake. The sauce was hideously sweet, so I returned it and then
was given calamari drenched in salt. Back it went again to be replaced with
plain grilled calamari, which was edible. Rick ordered Beef Lasagne, which he
declared good although lacking in extra parmesan. Rick enjoyed his hot chocolate
and I enjoyed my white wine.
Comfort was a great waiter, who thoroughly deserved all accolades and his
tip. A real improvement is the addition of toilets downstairs, which
helped me no end. Great venue for a party!
Contact Details for Panettone Café Bryanston.
Funny Language, English...
"Engender" --does that mean "to make sexy"?
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- Berliner Grill & Deli @ Sandton Butchery in Petervale Shopping Centre – Extensive range of quality meats. Biltong and dried sausage. Scottish specialities, best pork pies outside Britain. Sadly missed, to be replaced by a Pick 'n Pay in August..
- Thai Café, Shop 02 in Cambridge Crossing – Inferior Thai dining. Following our bad review in May, they have deservedly closed.
- Skin & Hair Elements in Parkmore Mews – Salon & Spa for serenity, calmness and wellbeing. Was 1st Floor.
- Sby Thai Spa in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Original Thai massage, reflexology, deep tissue oil massage, sports massage, aromatherapy.
- Hairspray Salon in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Ladies hairdresser: wash, cut, blow dry, etc.
- Carbon Black Auto in Rivonia Area Shops – Moved from Rivonia 7th Avenue to 185 Bram Fischer Drive, Randburg, High-end new, pre-owned and luxury sports cars.
- Sandwich Baron in Sloane Square – Sandwiches on white, brown or health bread.
- The Bread Basket in Sloane Square – Bakery, bread, pastries, restaurant, deli, coffee shop with breakfasts, light meals, sandwiches, etc.
- Super Vision Optometrists, Shop 13 in Cambridge Crossing.
- Eagle Vision Optometrists Hurlingham in Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre – One hour service. Taken over by "Visual Eyes".
- Fishaways, Shop 15 in Cambridge Crossing – Fish take-aways.
- Bergens Appliance Repairs & Spares, Shop 2 in Petervale Shopping Centre – Repairs to all kinds of household appliances: Re-launched as Bryanston Appliance Repairs.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,345 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
DOUBLE-DUTY SALADS. Mary’s tip about turning leftover salad into soup
To Do with Leftover Salad) is genius. My Greek salad from a recent dinner
did not end up in the disposal. Instead, it crossed the Mediterranean and
changed nationalities—becoming gazpacho (a cold Spanish/Portuguese tomato-based
raw vegetable soup) the next night. I did what Mary suggested, tossing the
leftovers in the blender and adding a little juice. --Betsy.
CLEANS MORE THAN BRAKES. I have found that using my husband’s brake
parts spray cleaner (there are many) works really well for getting out grease
stains. It doesn’t affect the colour and works when other stain removers have
failed, even if the item has already been washed and dried. --Cam.
(You should always, without fail, test any stain treatment in an
inconspicuous place first to make sure your fabric is colourfast. These days,
most are but please, do not assume anything. --Mary)
QUICK TICK REMOVER. When my little ones get a tick while playing
outdoors, I easily and painlessly remove it with a cotton ball dipped in rubbing
alcohol. I place the cotton ball where the tick’s head appears, and the tick
backs out. It’s fairly quick and definitely painless. --Dena.
Julius says when he
is properly asleep, people complain about the snoring: But isn't that what "sound" asleep means?
Civic: Plush Toys in Aid of GDA
Tomorrow, Saturday 15 July, the SA Guide Dogs Association for the Blind will be
selling toy Labrador puppies in front of Checkers at
The Square, Sunninghill
in aid of mobility for the blind. Come and buy one, or donate R67 in aid of
Nelson Mandela Day!
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Overheard at the Checkout:
you really appreciate your wife!"
"Of course: she is an appreciable woman!"