Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at
18:30 for 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
Join the Celebration!
The group where you can learn to speak in public in a safe and supportive
environment, Transformers Toastmasters Club, is holding its 750th meeting on
Heritage Day, Monday 25 September. This calls for a celebration! We
start with a cocktail party with snacks and a cash bar at 17:30. The club
meeting at 18:45 will include a panel interview with Past Presidents of the
club. Attend the party and meeting as a guest, free of charge.
tell us here if you are coming.
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor
This content is outdated.
It must be confusing being a watchmaker: A clock’s
second hand is really its third hand.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Bryanston Flowers @ Hobart Grove, Shop F15, F: Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Interflora national designer. Corporate and wedding flowers. Interflora deliveries. Moved back from temporary shop D07 opposite.
- Wedge Rose Florist, Shop 50, Lower Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Under New Management from January 2017.
- Platinum Repairs has moved from Rivonia Village to The Business Centre at 377 Rivonia Boulevard – Mobile device repair specialists for Apple, Samsung and other leading brands. iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy screen repairs.
- Shaftsbury Avenue in Morningside Area Shops – Dance and Theatre accessories. Moved from 116 Kelvin Drive (corner Stiglingh) to 13 Wessel Road, Morningside.
- Executive Toys, moved from Rivonia Crossing 1 to Building A in Rivonia Crossing 2 – Premium quality vehicles: Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, etc.
- Unlimited Solar Woodmead, Shop AJ, Building A in Woodmead Commercial Park – Solar Geysers, Heat Pumps, LED Lights and other energy efficient products. Interactive showroom. Eskom accredited dealer. Finance available.
- SA Culinary Club, Shop H12, Upper Level in Hobart Grove Centre – "We're passionate about food and bringing people together in an environment where they can learn, laugh and cook amazing food while having fun.".
- Rubicon Persona Clinic, Shop H05, Upper Level in Hobart Grove Centre – "Alternative Healing Clinic" offering a range of products, diagnoses and treatments like Iridology, Kinesiology, Ozone Colon Hydrotherapy and Detoxing.
- Jack's Paint & Hardware Bryanston, Shop 04-05, Ground in Grosvenor Crossing – Paint, power tools, DIY, gardening, electric, plumbing, pool, building material, other hardware.
- Stickywaffle, Ground in Grosvenor Crossing – Sticky waffles, waffle sandwiches and lunchbox, numerous toppings, hot and cold drinks, free WiFi (Ts&Cs). Five Bucks Breakfast & Free Filling Friday (Ts&Cs).
- Nandos Bryanston Drive Thru near Grosvenor Crossing – Famous chicken: take-away and sit-down Restaurant. Famous flame-grilled free-range chicken, peri-peri (various strengths) or lemon and herb. Salads, sandwiches, chicken and vegetarian burgers, pitas, wraps. Carvenience Centre, corner Grosvenor Road & William Nicol Drive, Bryanston.
- Andiccio24 Bryanston near Grosvenor Crossing – Pizza, hot & cold drinks, ice cream. Free delivery up to 10 km until midnight. Free wi-fi. Carvenience Centre, corner Grosvenor Road & William Nicol Drive, Bryanston. Across William Nicol Drive from Grosvenor Crossing.
- Lunit Vapes, Shop G07, F: Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Vaping and accessories. Local Juices, Starter Kits. Open Mon-Thursday 09:30-18:30, Friday 09:30-19:30, Saturday 09:30-18:30, Sunday 09:30-14:30.
- Xtreme Nutrition, Shop F14A, F: Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Sports supplements and other stuff to mess with your body, at remarkable prices.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors,
Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
***** Ocean Basket, Morningview Shopping Centre, 10 South Road
This is becoming one of our favourite restaurants because of the friendly
service and great food! This night our waitress was Charity and she was great.
We started with hot chocolate and Boschendaal Blanc de Blanc, which is served by
the carafe. Food of choice was the OB fish and the Mediterranean Seafood Soup.
Both were excellent. I really love the Seafood Soup as it has all my favourites
The place was warm on a really cold night and the number of customers told us
that they have a lot of returnees, not just us! Recommended for being child
friendly as well
Contact Details for Ocean Basket.
**** BBQ Workshop, Rivonia Village
A new experience and we shared the chicken Souvlakia! However, if you don't like it
with chilli, which my partner didn't, please ask them to omit it! I enjoy chilli
so it wasn't a problem. The hot ones were replaced without a problem. Drinks
were hot chocolate and Robertson Sauvignon Blanc.
This a child friendly restaurant and Noliva's attention was great.
Contact Details for bbq Workshop.
Funny Language, English...
How come a running joke is the same as a standing
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- JAM Clothing, Shop 23 in Morning Glen Mall – Opened 27 August 2013, replacing Meltz. "Famous for less": Top quality fashion brands for the whole family. "The best value for the lowest price."
- Photo Technique in Woodmead Area Shops – Samsung Service Centre (35mm Cameras): Milkyway Avenue, Linbro Business Park, Sandton.
- Wakaberry, Shop C04/C05 in Hobart Grove Centre – Frozen Yoghurt bar.
- Toyscom Adventure World in Rivonia Crossing 2 – Sport utility vehicles and 4x4s. Now represented by Executive Toys Rivonia.
- Audio Evolution in Rivonia Crossing 1 – Car accessories. Alarms. Airconditioning, radios, Car Sound, Towbars, Nudgebars & Rollbars, Vehicle tracking, Window Tinting, Rubberizing and Auto electrical.
- KRP Auto Body in Rivonia Area Shops – unreliable bumper repairs, dent removal/repair, scratch removal, body shop repairs, spraypainting and panel beating. Mag repairs, wheel repairs, alternator and starter repairs, new starters and alternators. 7th Avenue, Rivonia, just off Rivonia Road next to Chicken Licken.
- Black Scottie Café in Rivonia Area Shops – Full breakfast, health breakfast, egg, croissants, toasted sandwiches, health rolls, Lebanese laffe, tea, coffee, hot and cold drinks, smoothies, cakes.
- Debonairs Pizza, Shop 04 in Grosvenor Crossing – Pizza to eat in, take out, or have delivered.
- FNB ATM in Grosvenor Crossing.
- Fit Electro Fitness, Shop 16 in Grosvenor Crossing – Electric muscle stimulation combined with active exercise helps muscle development and toning. Muscle development and fat burning are 10x more efficient than they are separately.
- Kai Thai Spa, Shop 13 in Grosvenor Crossing – Traditional Thai massage, full body and foot treatments, facials.
- Chasing Fireflies, Shop G07 in Hobart Grove Centre – Children’s Toy shop. Stockists of exclusive kids' toys.
- Urban Africote in Hobart Grove Centre – Was in Bryanston Framing (Shop D09, Main Square Northwest). Coatings and paint, wall paper, coloured floor screeds, sealers and bonding agents, tiles and accessories, stone cladding.
- Kitchen Style, Shop H12 in Hobart Grove Centre – Kitchen and bathroom units made to your requirements.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,214 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
asks, "who is this Beryl Rottenger and why is she in trouble?".
Seriously though, which PR firm will Bell Pottinger now employ to improve its
“I don’t do math—numbers give me a rash.” That’s a line I’ve used a lot, mostly because it’s true, but also because it gets me a laugh.
Truth be told, most of us stink when it comes to doing the math
on the fly. That’s a problem because being hopeless with math makes us putty in
the hands of retailers. Here are three ways that our aversion to math costs us
The number 9.
Amazingly, 65 percent of all retail prices end in the number 9.
Unconsciously, we’re charmed into believing the item is a bargain. Whenever you see a product priced at $29.99 or $9.99, the
retailer is attempting to “charm” your brain by marking prices just below a
round number. Because our brains are trained to read from left to right, the
first digit is the one that sticks in our head and the number we use to decide
if the “price is right”.
William Poundstone tells the story of the retailer
Williams-Sonoma and a $279 bread maker. Sales were lagging so they placed a
nearly identical machine next to the $279 bread maker with a price tag of $429.
Immediately, sales doubled on the $279 model!
It’s a trick retailers use all the time: A confused customer is more likely to
opt for the higher price deal. An item marked 5/$4 prompts us to buy five items
for $4, not 1 item for $.80, because it’s too confusing. Which is the better deal: 33 percent off the regular price or 33
percent more product for the same price? .
Read the full article (and answers) here.
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Overheard at the Checkout:
"Hi, Sheryl, what's new?"
"Gary and I are learning Zulu."
"Actually, we have to: We've adopted a black baby and we want to understand her when she starts to speak!"