Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Eulogy needn't be the
End of You!
You can Speak Well in Public!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at Transformers Toastmasters: Meet
2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 18:30 for 18:45 at Morningside
Country Club, de la Rey Road, Rivonia.
Call Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
If you celebrate
Christmas, Chanukah, ChriFSMas, Yule, Holidays, International Mountain Day, the
Solstice, the Festive Season, Kwanzaa, Hogmanay, or the New Year: Have a Great Time, and stay safe!
Cambridge Crossing Comes Up Smiling
The major rebuilding exercise that started in March is drawing to a worthy close. All shops below Andiccio24
closed; that lower section was demolished and excavated for basement parking. Above the new basement, new shops have been built, while the older wings have been rebuilt to match. Shops now surround the upper car park on three sides. The
new entrance is in operation with a ramp through the basement car park to the upper level. Several of the existing shops have already relocated, and a number of new shops and restaurants have opened in the new east wing (New Shops below).
In Cambridge Crossing you will find branches of some of your favourite restaurants –Pize e Vino, Mugg &
Bean, and Andiccio24– and one that is unique to the centre: Off The Grid. There's a Woolworths Food, biltong shop, Pharmacy, cycling shop, pet food and several other shops. To our joy, the famous Berliner Grill & Deli Continental Butchery
& Bakery has reopened here after closing in Petervale in June to make way for the new Pick 'n Pay.
n Pay is OPEN at PETERVALE CENTRE!
Corner Frans Hals & Cambridge Roads, Petervale.
Contact Zotos Property Management for further information or leasing enquiries: 011 463 2124 /
After many months of big shops standing empty, Wendywood shopping centre has all the ground floor shops
filled. A new bottle store has opened. The hardware store premises have been occupied by a construction company. By the way, the Post Orifice there is one of the few that issue vehicle licenses.
Best of all, the defunct Superspar premises have been taken over by, well, not quite another supermarket --a
"clearance specialist". Called "Best Before", they sell non-perishables that are close to, or have passed, their "best before" date but are still good. You get up to 50% discount on soft drinks, energy drinks, tinned goods, sweets, spices,
seasoning, sauces, toilet paper, deodorants, wrapping paper, toothpaste, and much more. When I visited, they had Heinz tomato soup at R7 a can, Maille honey mustard (230g) at R20, and disposable nappies at R129 a pack. They are "not a
supermarket" and only stock what they can sell cheaply. For example, there was only one brand of soap: As they say, "that's life, boy!"
The Lone Ranger and Tonto, "bringing help to the helpless and hap to the
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor
This content is outdated.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Grand Barberhood moved from upstairs down to where Absolute Pets was in Rivonia Village – Men's haircut, buzz cut, clean face shave with hot towel, beard trim, boys haircut, ears or nose wax.
- lulu coffee shop moved from lower level to the top of the right-hand stairs, Mezzanine level in The Square Sunninghill.
- Berliner Grill & Deli, Shop 01, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Continental Butchery & Bakery: Extensive range of quality meats. Biltong and dried sausage. Reopened 1 November.
- Piza e Vino Restaurant, Shop L23, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Italian restaurant.
- The Crazy Store, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Opening soon: Halloween and Christmas items. Specialized gifts.
- Pizza Mezza, Shop 02 in Cramerview Village – Restaurant: Mediterranean and Lebanese fusion cuisine.
- Tailor, Shop 10A, Ground in The Bridge Shopping Centre – In Merchant of Spice: Ladies and Gents alterations.
- Ladies & Gents Suits Specialist, Shop 10B, Ground in The Bridge Shopping Centre.
- Custom Tailor, Shop 12 in The Core Sunninghill – Gents, ladies, kiddies, alterations.
- Absolute Pets Rivonia, Ground in Rivonia Village – veterinary-approved foods, pet products and accessories.
- Biltong-R-Us, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – a large variety of different flavours biltong, chilli bites, dry wors and cabanossi.
- Zip Boutique, Shop U01, Ground in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Mostly ladies' clothing.
- Kelvin Pharmacy, Ground in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – open again under new ownership.
- Rods & Rides, at the Shell Garage under Bryanston Shopping Centre – Buy and sell Classic Cars, Hotrods, Harley-Davidsons, man-cave items, and motor memorabilia.
- CrossFit ShenLi, back courtyard in Cramerview Village – Optimise athletic performance, prevent injury and be more prepared for the challenges of daily life.
- Sukuma Services, Shop 02, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Integrated facilities management company.
- The Kitchen, Shop 04, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Gourmet ready meals, coffee shop and delicatessen.
- Best Before, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Clearance specialist: Up to 50% discount on non-perishables that are close to or have passed their "Best Before" date.
- Frolic! Nails and Fros, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Nails, acrylic tips, manicures, pedicures, massages. Opened Sept 2017.
- Jino Liquor Store, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – For all drinks, alcoholic and soft.
- C&S Construction, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Waterproofing, plumbing, ceilings, painting.
- Cuppa Jozi, coffee shop in Kinetic Sports Centre in the Rivonia Area.
- Vape Drippin, Shop 33, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Vaping starter kits, atomisers, accessories, juice, and mods (whatever they are).
- Lisianna Fashions, Shop LG10, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Beautiful ladies' clothing: Quality at affordable prices.
- Colin Reddy: Hairstylist, Professional Make-Up Artist, Shop 01 in The Core Sunninghill – Hair by Colin; Wedding Hair.
- Beauty by Nature, in The Core Sunninghill – Cosmetics, nails.
- Kelvin Net IT Solution, Shop L06, Lower Level in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Internet cafe, computer sale, laptop sale, IT consultancy, web design, copy / print / scan / fax.
- Buccleuch Montessori Preschool & Primary, 35 Muller Street North near The Bridge Shopping Centre.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
**** Fisherman's Kitchen, Cramerview Village Shopping
What a great find and a really great fish restaurant! We were on route to a
braai so stayed small with starters. Patience proved to be an attentive and
great waitress. Their wine by the glass was good and chilled and Appletizer was
the other drink. The Prawn starter was mouth-watering and came with really
well-done crispy chips, which I donated to my partner. We then shared a Greek
Judging from the conversations at other tables, this is a regular venue for
many people. All in all thoroughly enjoyable.
Contact Details for The Fisherman's Kitchen.
**** Taste of India, Rivonia Boulevard
A visit to an old favourite to discover that it is now more formal with
uniformed staff! Service is very good with Mani as our attentive waiter - I
think there's been a revolution in standards throughout all restaurants!
For drinks we had Mango Lassi and Tall Horse Sauvignon Blanc. I had Chicken
Tikka Masala and my partner Chicken Kadhai. Really good food, and leftovers did meals on Saturday!
Contact Details for Taste of India, also to be found in Sloane Square, Bryanston.
Funny Language, English...
If "expert" and
"inexpert" are opposites, how come "valuable" and "invaluable" mean the same
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!!
6,117 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
- Piza e Vino Restaurant, in The Wedge, Morningside –
not the one that has opened in Cambridge Crossing.
- Amici Pizzeria in Cramerview Village – Italian restaurant rebranded as Pizza Mezza.
- Mimmos Paulshof – Italian restaurant, relocated to Midway Mews in Midrand from Cambridge Crossing.
- Cafeum Diem – cafe outside Pick 'n Pay in Morning Glen Mall, apparently went bankrupt.
- Mannelis Italian Restaurant in The Bridge Shopping Centre.
- Tsunami Seafood Emporium – Fish restaurant at 4 Hill Road (opposite Medi-Clinic), Morningside.
- Kiosk Food Shop in Wendywood Shopping Centre.
- The Absolutely Fabulous DVD Nouveau, Shop 4 in 90° on Rivonia – DVD Hire.
- NJA WorldNet Internet Café, in The Bridge Shopping Centre – Internet cafe and computer spares.
- Dr Bob's Pet Deli in Rivonia Village has become Absolute Pets Rivonia.
- NEB - Nezo Elegant Boutique, Shop U01 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Ladies' clothing.
- Lanceria, Shop LG10 in The Square Sunninghill – affordable ladies' underwear. Was in Mezzanine.
- Pure Skin Inc. in The Core Sunninghill – Permanent hair reduction, photo rejuvenation, acne, pigmentation.
- Ink Depot, Shop 8 in The Core Sunninghill – Supplier of printers, ink and toner cartridges.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Doing Our Bestest
Julius says, if 2017 seemed disappointing, just
remember "we did asbestos we could".
A Gift: AWAD
As people who love words and sometimes even use them correctly, we have had a
lot of pleasant education over the years from A.Word.A.Day by Anu Garg and his team. They
email an interesting English word and its usage each weekday, and selected
reader feedback on weekends. Since it's gifting season, here are links to Subscribe free (with adverts),
Gift subscription, or
become a Contributing Member.
This week's theme is "Sword Words". Yesterday's Thought for The Day was
"Whenever books are burned men also in the end are burned." --Heinrich Heine,
poet, journalist, and essayist (13 Dec 1797-1856).
Fitness: Bryanston (etc.) Park Runs
The free Park Runs seem to be getting (in the words of Monty Python) "staggeringly
popular" --although "staggering" might be how the unfit feel after
the 5km run!
At the risk of making Bryanston Drive completely impassable from 08:00 every
Saturday morning, we pass on the link to
the Bryanston parkrun.
The route is north
along the Braamfontein Spruit Trail from Riverside Shopping Centre to 12th Ave
Other parkruns nearby: Ernest Ullmann (3.3km), Woodlands (4.1km), Lonehill (5.4km), Delta (8.2km), Modderfontein
Reserve (9.1km), Golden
Harvest (9.4km), Alberts
Farm (13.7km), Gilloolys (14.4km), Westbury (15.2km), Roodepoort (18.1km).
Event: A Silent Disco?
This strange-sounding event caught our eye: Beerhouse Fourways "Silent Disco"
on Thu 28 Dec 2017 at 21:00 at 1 Sunset Ave, Corner Witkoppen Road, Sandton.
It sounds like they use headphones with several channels, and presumably
adjustable volume: Great for those who don't (or do!) want their ears blasted
Find the event here.
Overheard at the Checkout
"I'm puzzled: Why did
you ask for 7+ cat food when we only have three cats?"