Megaplex.co.za Shopping in Sandton
Home Advertise About
To search this page, press Ctrl+F
and type a word.
Search this site or the Internet
Restaurants in Rivonia
(officially called Edenburg)
is in north-eastern Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa.
Advertise here: Seen by 11,767 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this or R1000 + VAT for this banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
looking for somewhere in Rivonia to enjoy a good meal, you might like to consider
these Restaurants and eateries:
To search this page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
contacts that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za !
Because Rivonia is "Restaurant City", we've divided it up geographically into
three areas: Northern Rivonia (N1 Motorway south to 10th Avenue),
Central (10th Avenue to North Road), and
Deep South and into Morningside (first Avenue).
Petervale is fairly close too.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
restaurant patron, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best eateries, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
Previous Newsletters 2009-2014,
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R133/month!
Over 6100 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Northern Rivonia (N1 Motorway south to 10th Avenue )
- Contessa Tea Connoisseur (Shop 2a, Rivonia Corner, 362 Rivonia Boulevard) Since 1929. On 11th Avenue, off Rivonia Boulevard. Breakfasts, sandwiches, salads, crisps, light meals, pasta, cakes, and of course a wide variety of teas: Black teas, flavoured teas, oolong, white tea, fruit and herbal teas. Contact: Marisa Lewis-Enright: Tel 011 234 6641, 082 920-1191, e-mail email@example.com, web site.
- Rocket Restaurant: Shop 7, Rivonia Corner, 362
Rivonia Boulevard, next to the Friendly Supermarket corner 11th Avenue. Tel: 011 234-8807 / 079 795 2772.
e-mail Sean. Rocket is an up-market restaurant and bar, with an inner non-smoking area and smoking areas
both outside for fine and inside for inclement weather. Definitely for the over 18's.
Unusual dishes, many featuring rocket (lettuce): Their chef seems to be a rocket
review here and here.
- Fong Mei Chinese Restaurant Open Tue-Sun 11:30-15:30 and 17:30-21:30. Closed Mondays. Take-away and booking 011 807-2285, Cell 082 396-3616.
Central Rivonia (10th Avenue south to North Road)
- Browns Restaurant 21 Wessels Road (southwest corner of 10th Avenue) Rivonia. International cuisine. In central Rivonia a block from the CBD, the restaurant boasts one of the finest wine cellars in the country, and private gardens. The large dining area spills out onto an airy patio that is opened up or closed in depending on the weather. Browns is a high-quality restaurant and priced accordingly. Tel 011 803-7533, Fax 011 803-7605, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, web site.
- Zedo's Caf้ in Edenburg Terraces Breakfast, lunches, sandwiches, take-aways, hot drinks. Catering for special functions. Open 07:30-16:00 Mon-Fri At Block B, Edenburg Terraces, 348 Rivonia Bvd. Contact: Michael: Tel 083 460-2002, e-mail email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pepa Caf้ in Teasers Centre previously Cappellos Restaurant. 344 Rivonia Boulevard (Teasers building, on the street). Fun, friendly and casual atmosphere, quality food. Breakfasts, light meals and dinner, take-aways, deliveries to surrounding area. Private functions: birthday parties, office functions, etc. Contact: Jolene Aleixo: Tel 011 803 6033 / 6119, e-mail email@example.com, web site.
- Canto Latino in Rivonia Square Tapas Restaurant and Bar (cheaper) and Fine Dining (more expensive): Chefs from Spain and Argentina offer a deliciously Latin cuisine, combining bold flavours of traditional Spanish food with unique global touches and quality ingredients. Deliveries available. Contact: Rui Gomez Maduro: Tel 011 234 2757, Fax 086 693 9014, Cell 082 552 5967, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Group web site. Read Restaurant review here.
- The Slug and Lettuce in Rivonia Square New Restaurant, cor. Rivonia Boulevard and Ninth Street.
- Rivonia News Caf้ in Rivonia Village
cor. Rivonia Boulevard and Ninth Street. "News Cafe - it's about the vibe"
(but you can also get food and drink). Moved across Ninth Avenue from
Rivonia Square to Rivonia Village. Contact: Taki & Chris: Tel 011 234-0164, Fax 011 234-0165., e-mail email@example.com, Group web site.
- Taste of India (Shop 32 in Early Dawn Mall Indian Restaurant & Take Away on the corner of Rivonia Bvd and 9th Ave. Mild, medium or HOT, all food is Halaal. Vegetarian starters and main courses, bunny chow, Roti, kebabs, naan, tandoori, curry and rice: chicken or lamb, biryani, seafood, dosa, salads, chips. Special Sunday buffet. Unlicensed (no corkage charge). Contact: Shoorbeer Singh: Tel 011 234-1727/66, Cell 073 046-0023, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, web site. Read Restaurant review here.
- Byblos Caf้ in Early Dawn Mall Rivonia Boulevard just off 9th Avenue Burgers, pizza, wraps, schawarma, falafel, coffee, tea, smoothies and with a middle-eastern theme. Hubbly Bubblies for sale and hire. Open 7 days a week 09:00 till late. Free delivery in Rivonia. Tel 011 234-1808.
- The Sheikh's Palace in Early Dawn Mall (at the back)
Lebanese Restaurant and Licensed Coffee Bar / Sports Bar: Middle-Eastern restaurant with belly-dancing. Parking directly outside, off Eden Crescent, accessible from Ninth Ave. Contact: Nada Azzie (Director): Tel 011 807-4119. Fax 011 807-4322. Cell 082 389-7777, e-mail email@example.com.
- Dae Jang Kum Korean Restaurant (Shop 22-24 in Early Dawn Mall at the back)
Korean buffet. Opened mid-November 2009. Download menu (473 KB). Contact: Tony: Tel 011 234-7292, Cell 082 413-2313 / 083 284-7913, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indulge Restaurant and Coffee Shop in Rivonia Village Decadent dining and boutique confectionary. Breakfasts (Greek, English, French, vegetarian), salads, sandwiches, toasted sandwiches, Tramezzini, pasta. Pre-prepared meals, function catering, platters, private dinner parties, corporate cakes, wedding cakes, birthday cakes. Kiddies party packs and catering, stork parties. Contact: Donnae Edwards: Tel 011 234 4437, Fax 234 4439, Cell 079 507 9469, e-mail email@example.com, web site.
- Nutrition Sandwich and Salads (Shop 6 in Mutual Mews Light meals, health food. Open 07:0016:00 Mon-Fri. Deliveries 08:0015:30. Contact: Kimon Comodka: Tel 011 234-9099, Cell (Kimon) 082 857-0041, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nino's in Rivonia Village Italian Restaurant. Coffees, Breakfast, Pastas, Wraps, Pizza, Light meals, Speciality dishes, Tramezzini, Speciality Sandwiches, Cakes. Open Mon-Fri 06:1519:00, Sat 06:3017:00, Sun 08:0016:00. Contact: Kim Welsh: Tel 011 803 8882, Fax 011 787 6390, Cell 079 888 5305, e-mail email@example.com, Group web site.
- Pizza Luna (Shop 10 in Rivonia Village Italian Restaurant specialising in authentic Italian Pizza and Pasta. Open mall hours. Contact: Raffaele: Tel 011 803 7699, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yamada Sushi (Shop G8 in Rivonia Junction Sushi buffet bar and Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant. Open 11:30 - 22:00 daily. Tel 011 807-9660.
- Zen Garden Chinese Restaurant & Takeaway (Shop G7 in Rivonia Junction Traditional Chinese Food & Peking Duck. Tel 011 807-0888, Fax. 011 807-2999, e-mail email@example.com.
- Saigon Restaurant (Shop F2 in Rivonia Junction Vietnamese food. Up the spiral staircase outside the 7/11. Book beforehand, they are very popular. Tel 011 807-5272/3. Fax 011 807-3223, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Read Restaurant review here.
- The Raj Indian Restaurant in Rivonia Junction Up the outside spiral staircase on the right-hand side of the building(viewed from the car park). North Indian cuisine: Curries, tandoori, lamb, chicken, seafood, lassie, vegetarian dishes. See web site for full menu. Tel 011 807-0471. Fax 011 807-0502, e-mail Group:email@example.com, Group web site. Read Restaurant review here.
- Debonairs Pizza in Edenburg Mall, Rivonia Boulevard off Mutual Road, opposite Rivonia Village parking entrance, next to McDonalds. Pizza to eat in, take out, or have delivered. View on Map at www.streetmaps.co.za. Tel 011 803-2467 / 2676.
- McDonalds corner Rivonia Road and Mutual Road, entrance in Rivonia Boulevard. American "Fast Food" (this might be stretching the definition of "Food", but at least you know it's as bad for you as every other McDonalds worldwide). They smashed a perfectly good little local shopping centre to put up this standardised eyesore. Tel 011 234-0039, Fax 011 234-0040.
- Chicken Licken Rivonia "Soul Food": Fast-food chicken take-away and eat-in. On 7th Ave, just off Rivonia Road (behind the Engen Garage). Tel 011 234-9607.
Deep South Rivonia next to Morningside (First Avenue)
The Codfather Village of Restaurants, First Avenue Rivonia, contains: The Codfather Restaurant fresh fish and seafood.
Le Bistro, Village Gelateria,
Casa da Galinha an African slant on Portuguese food.
See separate page.
"Over the Border" in Morningside (on the other side of First Avenue)
in 90 Degrees on Rivonia:
- Nando's Rivonia Restaurant: flame-grilled peri-peri and lemon-butter chicken. Eat in or take
away. Has a generator. Tel. 011 804-2516, Fax: 011 804 2536,
e-mail, group site: www.nandos.co.za
- FishAways Morningside Fast Food Fish Restaurant & Take-Away: Tel. 011 804-4262
- Steers Morningside Fast Food meat Restaurant & Take-Away. Free delivery of orders R35 up. Tel. 011 804-4262
- Polpetta Pizza & Pasta (shop 3) Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria & Take-Away.
Excellent food, priced a little above the average. So popular despite the
slow service that one has to book well in advance to get in we assume it
is the authentic Italian management that makes the difference! Tel. 011 804-8866, Fax: 011 804-8865.
Restaurant Review of Polpetta here.
- Yo Sushi Japanese Sushi Restaurant: Tel. 011 804-9504
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor, 1 January 2016
Close to shops and bus routes. Large (12 m2), north-facing, carpeted, TV. Shared bathroom. Rent includes water, electricity, cleaning, bed linen, towels, washing and ironing. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
: Telephone 011 803-3866/5840
Wood-fired Oven pizzas from R37 to R59. Sub sandwiches. Salads. Garlic bread. Snacks. Free delivery of orders over R50 within 3 km.
Tony's Chinese Take-Away and Sushi Bar
): Telephone 011 026-4545, 083 753-4605
Sushi, Thai food, Chinese food. Open 7 days a week, 11:00-21:00.
Contact: Tony. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Old Rose (Shop 1) Traditional English pub. Tel 011 8075586.
And if none of the above suits you or you prefer to eat in without cooking, you could try
Mr Delivery Rivonia, Tel:
011 803-8242, or
If you use the contact details on this page to get hold of anyone, please
tell them that you found them at
For information on local
accommodation, other local amenities, and this site's contact
details, click Here (Megaplex
Shopping centres with restaurants in the area:
Rivonia, The Wedge, Morningside,
Megaplex Contact Details and