Megaplex.co.za – Shopping in Sandton
Home Advertise About
To search this page, press Ctrl+F
and type a word.
Search this site or the Internet
Restaurants in Rivonia
(officially called Edenburg)
is in north-eastern Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South Africa.
Advertise here: Seen by 11,767 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this or R1000 + VAT for this banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
looking for somewhere in Rivonia to enjoy a good meal, you might like to consider
these Restaurants and eateries:
To search this page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
contacts that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za !
Because Rivonia is "Restaurant City", we've divided it up geographically into
three areas: Northern Rivonia (N1 Motorway south to 10th Avenue),
Central (10th Avenue to North Road), and
Deep South and into Morningside (first Avenue).
Petervale is fairly close too.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
restaurant patron, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best eateries, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
Previous Newsletters 2009-2014,
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R133/month!
Over 6100 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Northern Rivonia (N1 Motorway south to 10th Avenue )
- Vintage India, Cnr 12th Ave and Autumn Road in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 011 440 4550 – Cosy Indian restaurant. Entrance in the little park to the right behind the centre, off Louise Terrace, from Autumn Road. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Read Restaurant review here
- Contessa Tea Connoisseur (Shop 2a, Rivonia Corner, 362 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 011 234 6641, 082 920-1191 – Since 1929. On 11th Avenue, off Rivonia Boulevard. Breakfasts, sandwiches, salads, crisps, light meals, pasta, cakes, and of course a wide variety of teas: Black teas, flavoured teas, oolong, white tea, fruit and herbal teas. In 11th Avenue opposite Rivonia Primary School. Contact: Marisa Lewis-Enright: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Rocket Restaurant and Cocktail Bar (Shop 6, Rivonia Corner, 362 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 011 234 8807, Fax 011 807 9956, Cell 079 795 2772 / 072 488 7477 – On Rivonia Boulevard, next to the Friendly Supermarket corner 11th Avenue. Rocket is an up-market restaurant and bar, with an inner non-smoking area and smoking areas both outside for fine and inside for inclement weather. Definitely for the over 18's. Unusual dishes, many featuring rocket (lettuce): Their chef seems to be a rocket scientist! Contact: Sean Barber: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site. Read Restaurant review here
- All About Fish (Shop 3, Rivonia Corner, 362 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 011 234 9083 – Your local fresh fish and seafood shop, with a small restaurant section (eat in or take away). Open M-F 09:30-19:00, Sat 09:00-15:00. Corner Rivonia Boulevard and Eleventh Avenue. Contact: Ben: e-mail AllAboutFish@telkomsa.net
- Fong Mei Chinese Restaurant, Euro Centre, 363 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Take-away and booking 011 807-2285, Cell 082 396-3616 – Open Tue-Sun 11:30-15:30 and 17:30-21:30. Closed Mondays.
- Kamiya Sushi (Shop 7, Rivonia Centre, 369 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 011 042-9848, 011 234-2299 – Sushi bar. Some English spoken.
- Arirang (Shop 9, Rivonia Centre, 369 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Cell 072 102-8896 – Korean Restaurant, reopened November 2011 on 11th Avenue. Contact: Kim Yonghan: e-mail email@example.com
- Yuanyuan Chinese Take-Away & Hot Pot (Shop 5, Rivonia Centre, 369 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 084 848 6939, 076 776 6818 – Soups, spring rolls, rice dishes (sweet & sour, chop suey, curry, foo yong - with chicken, beef, pork, prawn, or calamari), chao mian (fried noodles), chao fan (Fried rice), desserts and sauces. Next-day delivery. Open 11:00-09:00. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chinese Northern Foods Restaurant (Shop 6, Rivonia Centre, 369 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia North Shops: Telephone 082 668-8082, 071 698-7424 – North China style. Salads, seaweed, sweet & sour beef, pork, chicken, prawns, or spare ribs. Stir fry rice, fungus, vegetables, or meat. Not spik English.
Central Rivonia (10th Avenue south to North Road)
- Browns Restaurant, Edenburg Terraces : Telephone 011 803-7533, Fax 011 803-7605 – 21 Wessels Road (southwest corner of 10th Avenue) Rivonia. International cuisine. In central Rivonia a block from the CBD, the restaurant boasts one of the finest wine cellars in the country, and private gardens. The large dining area spills out onto an airy patio that is opened up or closed in depending on the weather. Browns used to be a high-quality restaurant and is still priced accordingly. e-mail email@example.com web site. Read Restaurant review here
- Zedo's Café, Edenburg Terraces : Telephone 083 460-2002 – Breakfast, lunches, sandwiches, take-aways, hot drinks. Catering for special functions. Open 07:30-16:00 Mon-Fri At Block B, Edenburg Terraces, 348 Rivonia Bvd. Contact: Michael: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
- The Slug and Lettuce (Shop GA01, Restaurants in Rivonia Oriental City: Telephone 011 026 9566 – cor. Rivonia Boulevard and Ninth Street. Restaurant, upscale Pub & social café in the flavour of an aesthetic London pub. Open Mon-Sat 11:00-23:00, Sundays 11:00-22:00. Wide range of pub lunches/dinners, tapas, freshly baked baguettes, burgers, wraps, authentic “pub grub”, local and international beers, draught beer. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site. Read Restaurant review here
- Rivonia News Café (Shop 01A, Ground in Rivonia Village: Telephone 011 234-0164, Fax 011 234-0165. – cor. Rivonia Boulevard and Ninth Street. "News Cafe - it's about the vibe" (but you can also get food and drink). Moved across Ninth Avenue from Rivonia Square to Rivonia Village. Contact: Taki & Chris: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Japa Express Sushi Bar, 1st Floor in Rivonia Village: Telephone 011 807 2320, Fax 011 807 6565, Cell 082 565 0065 – Japanese restaurant up the escalator next to Nedbank. Sushi, Sashimi, Tempura dishes, Soup. Open every day Lunch 12:00–14:30 and Dinner 18:00–22:00 (21:00 on Sundays and Public Holidays). Contact: Nisshi / Maria.
- Nino's, Ground in Rivonia Village: Telephone 011 803 8882, Fax 011 787 6390, Cell 079 888 5305 – Italian Restaurant. Coffees, Breakfast, Pastas, Wraps, Pizza, Light meals, Speciality dishes, Tramezzini, Speciality Sandwiches, Cakes. Open Mon-Fri 06:15–19:00, Sat 06:30–17:00, Sun 08:00–16:00. Contact: Kim Welsh: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Pizza Luna, and Luna Deli (Shop 10, Ground in Rivonia Village: Telephone 011 803 7699 – Italian Restaurant specialising in authentic Italian Pizza and Pasta. Open mall hours. Deli sells local and imported meats and cheeses, salads, panini, pastries, smoothies. Contact: Raffaele: e-mail email@example.com . Read Restaurant review here
- Byblos Café, Ground in Early Dawn Mall: Telephone 011 234-1808 – Rivonia Boulevard just off 9th Avenue – Burgers, pizza, wraps, schawarma, falafel, coffee, tea, smoothies and with a middle-eastern theme. Hubbly Bubblies for sale and hire. Open 7 days a week 09:00 till late. Free delivery in Rivonia. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taste of India (Shop 32, Ground in Early Dawn Mall: Telephone 011 234-1727/66, Cell 073 046-0023 – Indian Restaurant & Take Away on the corner of Rivonia Bvd and 9th Ave. Mild, medium or HOT, all food is Halaal. Vegetarian starters and main courses, bunny chow, Roti, kebabs, naan, tandoori, curry and rice: chicken or lamb, biryani, seafood, dosa, salads, chips. Special Sunday buffet. Unlicensed (no corkage charge). Contact: Shoorbeer Singh: e-mail email@example.com web site. Read Restaurant review here
- Dae Jang Kum Korean Restaurant (Shop 22-24, Ground in Early Dawn Mall: Telephone 011 234-7292, Cell 082 413-2313 / 083 284-7913 – (at the back) Korean buffet. Opened mid-November 2009. Download menu (473 KB). Contact: Tony: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sheikh's Palace, Ground in Early Dawn Mall: Telephone 011 807-4119., Fax 011 807-4322. Cell 082 389-7777 – (at the back) Lebanese Restaurant and Licensed Coffee Bar / Sports Bar: Middle-Eastern restaurant with belly-dancing. Parking directly outside, off Eden Crescent, accessible from Ninth Ave. Contact: Nada Azzie (Director): e-mail email@example.com
- Sandwich Baron, 329 Rivonia Boulevard: Telephone 011 234 1672/3/4 – Breakfasts, sandwiches, salads, Tramezzini, pita, baked potatoes, wraps, platters, garlic bread. Free delivery. Opposite McDonalds' entrance. e-mail rivonia@SandwichBaron.com Group web site
- Café Tavia, 329 Rivonia Boulevard: Telephone 011 234 2596 – Bakery and coffee shop, on Rivonia Boulevard opposite Rivonia Village upper parking entrance. Open Tues-Sat 08:00-18:30, Sun & PH 09:00-16:00. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org https facebook page
- Taiwan Café, 329 Rivonia Boulevard: Telephone 011 234 2336 – Chinese food: Rice dishes, soups sides, noodle dishes, Taiwan street food.
- Yamada Sushi (Shop G8, Ground in Rivonia Junction: Telephone 011 807-9660 – Sushi buffet bar and Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant. Open 11:30 - 22:00 daily.
- Zen Garden Chinese Restaurant & Takeaway (Shop G7, Ground in Rivonia Junction: Telephone 011 807-0888, Fax 011 807-2999 – Traditional Chinese Food & Peking Duck at reasonable prices. Much of the clientele is Chinese: Maybe they know something. e-mail email@example.com
- Saigon Restaurant (Shop F2, Upper Level in Rivonia Junction: Telephone 011 807-5272/3, Fax 011 807-3223 – Vietnamese food. Up the spiral staircase outside Dominos Pizza. Book beforehand, they are very popular. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Read Restaurant review here
- McDonalds, Telephone 011 234-0039, Fax 011 234-0040 – corner Rivonia Road and Mutual Road, entrance in Rivonia Boulevard. American "Fast Food" (this might be stretching the definition of "Food", but at least you know it's as bad for you as every other McDonalds worldwide). They smashed a perfectly good little local shopping centre to put up this standardised eyesore.
- Chicken Licken Rivonia, Rivonia 7th Avenue: Telephone 011 234-9607 – "Soul Food": Fast-food chicken take-away and eat-in. On 7th Ave, just off Rivonia Road (behind the Engen Garage).
"Deep South" Rivonia (Kinetic Sports Centre on North Road corner Rivonia Road):
- Black Scottie Café: Telephone 011 234 3260 – Full breakfast, health breakfast, egg, croissants, toasted sandwiches, health rolls, Lebanese laffe, tea, coffee, hot and cold drinks, smoothies, cakes. Open M-F 06:00-18:00, Sat 08:00-14:00. Contact: Tanya and Freda: e-mail email@example.com
"Over the Border" in Morningside (on the other side of First Avenue)
in 90 Degrees on Rivonia:
- Nando's Rivonia – Restaurant: flame-grilled peri-peri and lemon-butter chicken. Eat in or take
away. Has a generator. Tel. 011 804-2516, Fax: 011 804 2536,
e-mail, group site: www.nandos.co.za
- FishAways Morningside – Fast Food Fish Restaurant & Take-Away: Tel. 011 804-4262
- Steers Morningside – Fast Food meat Restaurant & Take-Away. Free delivery of orders R35 up. Tel. 011 804-4262
- Polpetta Pizza & Pasta (shop 3) – Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria & Take-Away.
Excellent food, priced a little above the average. So popular despite the
slow service that one has to book well in advance to get in –we assume it
is the authentic Italian management that makes the difference! Tel. 011 804-8866, Fax: 011 804-8865.
Restaurant Review of Polpetta here.
- Yo Sushi – Japanese Sushi Restaurant: Tel. 011 804-9504
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor, Available Now
Close to shops and bus routes. Small (9 m2), south-facing, carpeted, TV. Shared bathroom. Rent includes water, electricity, cleaning, bed linen, towels, washing and ironing. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
- Calice, Telephone 011 234 0567, 078 465 7592, 076 439 2480 – Wine bar, restaurant and take-away. Breakfast, light meals, pasta, pizza, main courses, tapas, dessert. Open Tue-Sat 07:30-22:00, Sunday 08:00-15:00. Contact: Zoran & Gianni: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Read Restaurant review here
- Pizza Perfect, Telephone 011 803-3866/5840 – Wood-fired Oven pizzas from R37 to R59. Sub sandwiches. Salads. Garlic bread. Snacks. Free delivery of orders over R50 within 3 km.
- Tony's Chinese Take-Away and Sushi Bar (Shop 5a): Telephone 011 026-4545, 083 753-4605 – Sushi, Thai food, Chinese food. Open 7 days a week, 11:00-21:00. Contact: Tony: e-mail email@example.com
- The Old Rose (Shop 1) Telephone 011 807 5586 – Traditional English pub and restaurant. Fresh food, never frozen. Traditional Sunday Lunch (book in advance). Take-away and free delivery of food (no liquor) within 1.5 km. e-mail theoldrosePetervale@gmail.com https facebook page
And if none of the above suits you or you prefer to eat in without cooking, you could try
Mr Delivery Rivonia, Tel:
011 803-8242, or
If you use the contact details on this page to get hold of anyone, please
tell them that you found them at
For information on local
accommodation, other local amenities, and this site's contact
details, click Here (Megaplex
Shopping centres with restaurants in the area:
Rivonia, The Wedge, Morningside,
Megaplex Contact Details and