Headhunters Advanced Hairstyling, Upper Level in Morning Glen
We have been around for over thirty years and are up to date with
the latest hair trends. Please come in and find out our latest specials or call Sharon on 011 802-7403 or 011 804-1019. e-mail us.
Mall is the original shopping centre of Morningside Manor and Gallo Manor, located at
the corner of Kelvin Drive and Bowling Avenue. After many years of serving a growing community, it
has now expanded
substantially. As of 1 November 2009 all shops moved into Phase 1 of the new
Silver Pine Spur opened March 2010 on the upper level, and Pizza Perfect and
Burger Perfect in late June. The Second Phase opened at the end of August 2010
with Woolworths, Meltz, DIY Depot and Capitec Bank.
Parking is copious and free for one hour only: Both levels are open, accessible from Bowling
Avenue just south of the BP Garage as before, and an imposing but awkward main entrance at new traffic
lights on Kelvin Drive just west of Bowling Ave (down the hill).
The person who "designed" the parking has not yet been found (so that he can be shot).
GPS Coordinates: Main Entrance (Kelvin Drive, lower level only): -26.06793, 28.07303; Bowling Ave Entrance (both levels): -26.06612, 28.07494.
Parking: There is plenty of open-air and
covered parking; one hour is free. Charges thereafter are: 1-2 hours R5, 2-3
hours R6, 3-4 hours R10, over 4 hours R15. Free parking is extended by 30
minutes if you take a Pick 'n Pay till slip to the Parking Office, down the
passage left of Country Collage.
Both anchor tenants (Woolworths and Pick n Pay) and the
majority of shops now trade from 09:00 17:00 on Saturdays.
- Pick n Pay Liquor replaced Picardi Rebel in September 2014 in Shop 01, Lower Level opposite the Post Office.
- Yeye Oge African fashion boutique has moved from Morningside Shopping Centre to Shop 25, Lower Level.
- House of Judaica (Shop 34A) has closed
- The 3 Little Chefs has closed.
- Persian Perfection has become Bokhara Tapete, Upper Level opposite Nedbank. Persian carpets and rugs.
- Zen Health and Treasures 4U have closed.
- Promotional Court for hire: Contact Julie, 011 802 3544, 074 325 8182, Fax 086 613 2738 e-mail email@example.com
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R133/month!
Over 5700 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Note: Megaplex does not manage the shopping centres listed on this site: Please contact Morning Glen Centre Management
Office on upper level, down the little side passage near
the escalators. Telephone 011 802 3544, 074 325 8182, Fax 086 613 2738 Contact: Julie: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SA Centres: Telephone 083 443 1222, 011 663 0400, Fax 086 517 9809.
Contact: Mark. e-mail email@example.com.
Opinions expressed on this site are those of Megaplex and do not necessarily
reflect those of the Morning Glen Mall nor SA Centres,
who make no financial contribution towards this page.
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
To search this site, see foot of page. This page is provided as a public
service because the centre has no web page of its own please
any corrections or to advertise.
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also
contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from
As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the
contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
Previous Newsletters 2009-2013,
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor, Now or 1 November
Close to shops and
International Hotel School. Large (12 m2), north-facing, carpeted, TV. Shared bathroom. Rent includes water, electricity, cleaning, bed linen, towels, washing and ironing. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
Shops in the Ground Floor (Lower Level):
Back to top
Picardi Rebel is at the east entrance (the first one you
encounter in the car park if you enter from Bowling Ave)
and Pick 'n Pay directly opposite the
middle entrance. DIY Depot Hardware is at the west
entrance (Phase 2: the first entrance you come to when entering from Kelvin
Drive). Shops below are listed in shop number order, clockwise from Picardi to DIY Depot,
and back to the Post Office opposite Picardi (see floor plan below):
- Pick n Pay Liquor (Shop 01): c/o Supermarket 011 802-3118, 011 804-1242 Next to the eastern entrance on the lower level. For your alcoholic needs (or should that be "for your alcoholic's need"?). Replaced Picardi Rebel in September 2014. Your Smart Shopper card works here too.
- Pandora (Shop 02/03): Telephone 011 440 5885, 074 315 4962 Interesting Ladies' clothing, bags, shoes, boots, and accessories. Contact: Jenny: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookdealers of Morningside (ex Rivonia) (Shop 04): Telephone 011 656-7026 Book shop: Large variety of publishers' overstocks (remainders), extensive and interesting selection of rare and out-of-print, and second-hand books. This shop also specialises in Judaica. Moved from Rivonia on 1 June 2010. Open M-F 09:00-20:00, Sat 09:00-18:00, Sun 10:00-18:00. Contact: Vivienne: e-mail email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Wimpy Morning Glen (Shop 05): Telephone 011 656-1202 Famous Fast food. Reopened December 2010.
- Cell-C Morning Glen (Shop 06): Telephone 084 990 0395, 011 804 9612 Cell phone contracts, cellular phones and accessories. e-mail email@example.com
- The Art Company (Shop 07): Telephone 011 656-2012 Picture Framers and Art Gallery. Custom framing, original South African art, speciality framing, easels and artists' canvas, framed mirrors, blockmounting, prints, photographic prints. Contact: Jacqui McCann: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Matrix Warehouse Computers (Shop 08): Telephone 011 656-2668 computers, laptops, notebooks, printers, cameras, media players, accessories. Opened Nov 2011 near Wimpy. e-mail morningglen@MatrixWarehouse.co.za Group web site
- Fego Caffι (Shop 09): Telephone 011 656 7190 Directly outside Pick 'n Pay: beverages, light meals, snacks and desserts. Supervised kiddies play park. e-mail Group: email@example.com Group web site
- ATMs: Lost ATM Cards 0800 111 155 (Absa), 0800 110 132 (FNB), 0800 020 600 (Std) ABSA, Nedbank, First National Bank and Standard (all just inside the south entrance outside Pick 'n Pay). The nearest Nedbank is upstairs, FNB and Standard in Morningside Shops, and all four banks have branches in Rivonia.
- Foto First (Shop 11): Telephone 011 802-3034, Cell 082 454-3149 Processing of photographs; copies made.
- Postnet (Shop 12): Telephone 011 802-5747. Faster mail, parcel courier, post boxes, faxing and copying. Now directly outside Pick 'n Pay. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animal Pharm (Shop 13): Telephone 011 656-2247 Vet Shop: Veterinary-quality Pet Food: Vet's Choice, Eukanuba, Hills, Iams, etc., pet toys, dog and cat beds etc. Opened 1 March 2010 at the end of passage next to Postnet. . Contact: Dr Nicky Greenblatt, BVsc (Veterinarian): e-mail gallomanor@AnimalPharm.co.za
- Sensational Blinds & Flooring (Shop 14) Opened 24 August opposite the escalators. Carpets, under-carpet heating, canvas awnings roller blinds, canopies, laminated flooring, blinds: Vertical, wooden, bamboo, venetian, pleated, roman, honeycomb. e-mail email@example.com web site
- Clicks (Shop 16): Telephone 011 656-0234, Group 0860 CLICKS Health, Home and Beauty Store. Healthcare advice, low medicine prices and a shop offering a wide range of beauty and healthcare products. e-mail Group: firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- 3B Cellular (Shop 19): Telephone 011 656-2365 Computer sales and repairs. Electronics. Cell phone repairs, water-damaged phones. Buy second-hand phones. Batteries and phone accessories. Remote batteries. Airtime: Telkom, Vodacom, MTN, Cell-C. Contact: Ibrahim Mulla: e-mail email@example.com
- Barberazzi (Shop 20): Telephone 074 827 3720 Barber shop, Men's Grooming. Men's and boys haircuts R100-R130, Shave & funky beard styling; head shave R90, threading. Open M-F 09:00-12:00, 14:00-18:00, Sat 09:00-16:00, Sun 09:00-15:00. Contact: Eric: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luxury Curtain and Dιcor (Shop 18): Telephone 011 656 3046 Curtains, carpets, haberdashery: Opened October 2012, Ground floor, opposite MICA.
- Morning Glen Mica (Shop 22): Telephone 011 802-2638 All essential hardware: Paint, glue, fastenings, wheelbarrows, home and garden tools, basic keys, gas refills, fans, heaters, pool items, gadgets, helpful advice and great service! Open M-F 08:00-18:00, Sat 08:00-16:30, Sunday 09:00-13:00, non-religious Public Holidays 09:00-14:00. Closed on Ascension Day. Contact: Tyrone (Manager) / Jayson / Alan: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- JAM Clothing (Shop 23): Telephone 011 656 4470, Head Office 031 303 9670 Opened 27 August 2013, replacing Meltz. "Famous for less": Top quality fashion brands for the whole family. Open 7 days a week, JAM gives shoppers the best value for the lowest price. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Yeye Oge (Shop 25): Telephone 078 048 7805 Experience true African fashion: Laces brocade, wax, batik, damask, head ties, aso-oke. Italian shoes, bags and accessories. Contact: Bukky Ogunrombi: e-mail email@example.com
- Pick n Pay Clothing (Shop 26): Telephone 011 656 2471 Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc. Compliments the range found at the main Pick n Pay. Contact: Judith: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perfect 10 Morning Glen (Shop 27): Telephone 011 656-2449 Nails, Facials (Guinot, Environ, Demalogica), Manicure, Pedicure, wax, tinting, lash extensions, massage. Contact: Neesha Ramsumar: e-mail NeeshaRamsumar@gmail.com
- Parking Office Down the passage left of Country Collage. Free parking is extended to 90 minutes if you present a Pick 'n Pay till slip.
- Country Collage (Shop 28): Telephone 011 802-3707 Carol Boyes pewter, ceramics, silver, homeware and gifts, artificial flowers, cushions, linen, cloths, mirrors, glassware and candles. e-mail email@example.com
- Pick 'n Pay (Shop 30): Telephone 011 802-3118, 011 804-1242 Supermarket: household items, groceries, fresh bread, fruit and vegetables, specialist foods, delicatessen, snacks, clothing, much more... Has a good range of items, including Kosher foods for the large Jewish community nearby. Open M-F 08:00-18:00, Saturdays 08:00-16:00, Sundays and Public Holidays 09:00-15:00.
- Cardies (Shop 31) Cards, gifts, wrapping and occasions. Contact: Martin: Group web site
- Flight Centre (Shop 32): Telephone 011 656-0679 Travel shop. Flight specialists. Experienced. Contact: Rebecca FitzGerald: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Revive Dry Cleaners (Shop 33): Telephone 011 656-6991 Dry cleaning, clothing alterations and shoe repairs.
- Ink Sarang (Shop 34): Telephone 071 687 6155 Printer ink and toner cartridge refills: Generic and original for all popular makes: Lexmark, HP, Samsung, Epson, Canon. e-mail email@example.com
- Leather and Luggage (Shop 36): Telephone 079 145-0848 now open on the Lower Level. Leather goods: bags, suitcases, belts, Contact: Gina: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curry & Spice (Shop 36A): Telephone 011 656 6178, 071 324 1361, 084 206-7004 Authentic Indian spices and take-away food. Contact: Komala Nydoo: e-mail email@example.com
- Biltong and Nuts (Shop 37): Telephone 071 382 0954, 076 112 1928 beef and game biltong (whole and sliced), nuts, sweets. Contact: Carin & Memory: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Willo Tree Boutique (Shop 37A): Telephone 083 227 3651 Ladies' boutique unique imported clothing at affordable prices. Opened September 2012. Contact: Elana: e-mail email@example.com
- Gallo Manor Post Office (Shop 38-39): Telephone 011 802-4078 Stamps, snail mail, telegrams, parcel post, post box applications, telephone applications, telephone books, pay-a-bill, airtime, banking, courier, money transfer, philately, photocopying, fax, micro-loans, stationery, internet, binding, laminating, Lotto. Hours 08:30-17:00 Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 09:00-17:00 Wednesday, 08:00-13:00 Saturday. Reopening soon opposite Picardi Rebel.
Advertise here: Seen by 30,155 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this or R1000 for
the top banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
Shops in the Upper Level (First Floor):
Back to top
These are listed in shop order, clockwise from Spur at the the east entrance,
to Woolwortths in the west, and back to the Spur. Manor Pharmacy has its own entrance directly onto the parking area
on the south in the middle. See floor plan below.
- Supa Quick Service Centre (Shop 45/47): Telephone 011 804-1029 / 1046 on the Upper Parking on the side outside Manor Pharmacy. Car batteries, new tyres, tyre repairs, wheel balancing and alignment, tow-bars. Contact: Joe Hamman (Branch Manager): e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- e-toll Customer Service Outlet: Group Tel 0800 SANRAL (726 725) (6am 10pm Monday to Sunday) Temporary kiosk to register for an e-toll Account and sign your life away to SANRAL. Outside Spur. Open mall hours. e-mail Group: email@example.com Group web site
- Silver Pine Spur (Shop 41): Telephone 011 656-0715 Steak Restaurant and Fast Food: Great steaks, salads, hamburgers, chicken, chips and soft drinks. opened 9 March 2010 with an excellent attitude to customers. Children welcome birthday parties a speciality. Contact: Kyle: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Read Restaurant review here
- Burger Perfect (Shop 40A): Telephone 011 656-6523/0331 Nick 073 170 1566 Fast food: Salads, hamburgers, hot dogs, toasted sandwiches, chips (fries) and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km. Contact: Nick: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Pizza Perfect (Shop 40B): Telephone 011 656-0652/0378 Nick 073 170 1566 Fast food: Pizzas, pasta, subs (submarine sandwiches), salads, and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km. Contact: Nick: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Kellys Nails & Beauty (Shop 42): Telephone 011 804 3134, 083 506 1632 Nail Bar, manicures, pedicures, nail art, eye lashes, waxing depileve, tinting, vitamin therapy, aromatherapy massage. Contact: Cookie Pillay: e-mail email@example.com
- Manor Pharmacy and Medicine Depot (Shop 43): Telephone 011 804-4040 Dispensary, top cosmetics and fragrances, Health shop (Large) coffee shop, Beauty salon. Great gifts for all occasions. Estee Lauder, Clarins, Kanebo, Elizabeth Arden, Vichy, Roc, Revlon, Almay, Bioderma. Open 08:30 to 20:30 Monday to Saturday, 09:00 to 20:30 Sunday and Public holidays. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coffee Shop & Home Industry (Shop 43): Telephone 011 804 4040 Inside Manor Pharmacy, on your right as you enter from the mall. Tea, coffee, cakes and cookies. e-mail email@example.com
- Workshop 90 (Shop 44): Telephone 802-2718, Cell 082 657 3591 Teplov and Block Pointι shoes, Ballet, Jazz. Ballroom, Gym, Spanish and Tap Shoes; full range of Leotards for gym and Dancing; Kryloan make-up; fancy dress and masks. Contact: Smiley: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nedbank (Shop 45 & 46): Telephone 011 519 8900, 082 457 6132, Fax 011 519 8908 Local branch of bank and ATM. Contact: Idris Bakus (Branch Manager): e-mail email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Capitec Bank (Shop 49 & 50): Telephone 011 656-0382 / 0405 / 2839 The worst experience ever at a bank: Bureaucratic, small-minded, petty, customer-hostile, capriciously making up rules that dont match their written ones, then rigid in applying them to the customers detriment. Run by a manageress who has no interest in her customers, a slovenly gum-chewing obstructive assistant manager, and a consultant that misinforms customers and then avoids responsibility. Open M-F 08:00-17:00, Sat 08:00-13:00. Contact: Auralia (Alleged Branch Manageress): e-mail email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- The Deli Store (Shop 51-54): Telephone 011 656 3142 / 3154 Kosher Butchery and delicatessen. Opened early November 2012. e-mail info@TheDeliStore.co.za web site
- Mooz Brothers (Shop 53): Telephone 011 656-0037 now open near Woolworths (Entrance 5) on the upper level. Mooz Brothers is a Kosher Deli with outside seating. They serve fresh kosher food and also have a delicious bakery section. They also do cakes, quiches, assorted platters and catering for home and party requirements. Delicious.
- Raashee Indian Restaurant (Shop 56): Telephone 011 027 2799 opened 23 July, currently unlicensed: no corkage charge. Wide range of dishes; friendly staff. Contact: Harry: e-mail email@example.com web site. Read Restaurant review here
- Woolworths (Shop 57): Telephone 011 603-2118 Quality affordable clothing and up-market food hall. Contact: Sifiso Ledwaba: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Mr Price Home (Shop 58 & 59): Telephone 079 981 6262 Affordable homeware, dιcor and furnishings - opened 29 March 2012. Contact: Hudson (Manager): e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Mr Price Gallo Manor (Shop 60 & 61): Telephone 011 656 5235 Affordable clothing: Casual and formal wear: Men's, ladies, children. Footwear, shoes, accessories. Opened 29 March 2012. Contact: Sharon (Manager).
- Polly Potters Toy Store (Morning Glen) (Shop 62): Telephone 011 656 4282 opened 1 Feb 2013. A quality range of toys and gifts for babies, toddlers and young children. Unique designed products, a selection of traditional, wooden, and educational toys sourced from around the world. e-mail PollyPotter@telkomsa.net Group web site
- Bontlelicious Ethnic Hair Salon (Shop 65): Telephone 011 656 1457, 083 280 4300 Opened 5 May 2012. Facebook: Bontlelicious hair salon, Twitter: @bontleliciousHS. Contact: Manzi (Manager) & Palesa: e-mail bontleliciousHS@gmail.com web site
- Bokhara Tapete (Shop 66): Telephone 011 809 8236 Prime Persian carpets and rugs. First Floor opposite Nedbank. Contact: Malcolm: e-mail Group: info@PrimePersian.co.za Group web site
- HighStreet 99 (Shop 67): Telephone 011 656 6997 / 6984, Cell 078 442-5659 Wigs, Hair extensions, after-care products and accessories. In the middle of the upper level, on the circular court, next to Headhunters. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Headhunters Advanced Hairstyling (Shop 68): Telephone 011 802-7403, 011 804-1019 Unisex hair salon for all ages, operating for 30 years. Highly qualified staff with loyal cliental. Enjoy a back- or a head-and-neck massage. Monthly specials: make sure you are on our data base! Open Monday Saturday; Sundays by appointment only. Contact: Sharon (owner): e-mail email@example.com
- Avon Mitri Optometrist (Shop 68A): Telephone 011 802-2057/8 Contact lens, Children's vision and low-vision practitioner. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capmor Stationers (Shop 70): Telephone 011 802-2886 (coming) Stationery, books, magazines, newspapers, tapes, CDs and DVDs, photographic. Contact: Dees: e-mail email@example.com
- Natural Effects Hair Design (Shop 71): Telephone 011 804-6402/3, Michelle 072 297-3051, Bernadette 072 936-1138 Ladies' and men's hairdressers: a team of friendly, highly qualified stylists specializing in advanced hair care using Redken and Loreal. Kιrastase retail products for sale. Open Monday Sunday by appointment. Contact: Michelle and Bernadette: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vilai-Lai Thai Massage (Shop 72): Telephone 074 546-6165 Offering a range of massage & therapy treatments to leave you relaxed and invigorated - Traditional Thai, Aromatherapy, Herbal Compress. Upper floor, next to Kiyota Sushi and opposite Pizza Perfect. Contact: Nong: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Kiyota Sushi (Shop 73): Telephone 011 656-8999, Cell 072 949-5000 Japanese Sushi Restaurant, opened 11 April 2012. Also soups, Thai/Japanese curry, noodle dishes, and teppanyaki. Catering. 20% off your bill until 31 May. Open 11:00-22:00. e-mail KiyotaSushiMorningside@gmail.com . Read Restaurant review here
Links on This Page:|
Nearby Places of Interest
Google Map of the Area
Subscribe to our
"Shopping in Sandton"
You can unsubscribe safely at any time.
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F. This page is provided as a public service please
any corrections or to advertise.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home page Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Other Shopping Centres in the Morningside area:
The Wedge, Morningside
Centre (Rivonia Road)
Morning View, South Road
Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Oriental City Rivonia
Early Dawn Mall
Other Shops in Rivonia
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurants in Morningside,
Shopping Centres in Woodmead:
Overview of Shops in Woodmead
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Other Places of Interest:
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
Yet only 1% of the population donates blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall.