Headhunters Advanced Hairstyling, Upper Level in Morning Glen
We have been around for over thirty years and are up to date with
the latest hair trends. Please come in and find out our latest specials or call Sharon on 011 802-7403 or 011 804-1019. e-mail us.
Mall is the original shopping centre of Morningside Manor and Gallo Manor, located at
the corner of Kelvin Drive and Bowling Avenue. After many years of serving a growing community, it
has now expanded
substantially. As of 1 November 2009 all shops moved into Phase 1 of the new
Silver Pine Spur opened March 2010 on the upper level, and Pizza Perfect and
Burger Perfect in late June. The Second Phase opened at the end of August 2010
with Woolworths, Meltz, DIY Depot and Capitec Bank.
Parking is copious and free for one hour only: Both levels are open, accessible from Bowling
Avenue just south of the BP Garage as before, and an imposing but awkward main entrance at new traffic
lights on Kelvin Drive just west of Bowling Ave (down the hill).
The person who "designed" the parking has not yet been found (so that he can be shot).
GPS Coordinates: Main Entrance (Kelvin Drive, lower level only): -26.06793, 28.07303; Bowling Ave Entrance (both levels): -26.06612, 28.07494.
Parking: There is plenty of open-air and
covered parking; one hour is free. Charges thereafter are: 1-2 hours R5, 2-3
hours R6, 3-4 hours R10, over 4 hours R15.
Ankit Fat Bass Headphones
Super fat bass with loud sound. Perfect for today's
music. Great for Adults, Teenagers and Kids! Works with iPod,
iPhone, all standard MP3 players, Newer Blackberries, Nintendo DS, PSP,
Portable CD Player, Portable AM/FM Radio.
Both anchor tenants (Woolworths and Pick n Pay) and the
majority of shops now trade from 09:00 – 17:00 on Saturdays.
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R133/month!
Over 5100 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Note: Megaplex does not manage the shopping centres listed on this site: Please contact Morning Glen Centre Management –
Office on upper level, down the little side passage near
the escalators. Izilda and René: Tel 011 802 3544, Fax 086 613 2738, Cell 073 5777 094,
– SA Centres: Telephone 083 443 1222, 011 663 0400, Fax 086 517 9809.
Contact: Mark. e-mail email@example.com.
Opinions expressed on this site are those of Megaplex and do not necessarily
reflect those of the Morning Glen Mall nor SA Centres,
who make no financial contribution towards this page.
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
To search this site, see foot of page. This page is provided as a public
service because the centre has no web page of its own – please
any corrections or to advertise.
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also
contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from
As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the
contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the
newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
Previous Newsletters 2009-2012,
The delay of e-Tolling saved YOU up to R550 a month!
Please give OUTA (the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance) some of it to pay the legal costs, at www.outa.co.za!
Shops in the Ground Floor (Lower Level):
Back to top
Picardi Rebel is at the east entrance (the first one you
encounter in the car park if you enter from Bowling Ave)
and Pick 'n Pay directly opposite the
middle entrance. DIY Depot Hardware is at the west
entrance (Phase 2: the first entrance you come to when entering from Kelvin
Drive). Shops below are listed in shop number order, clockwise from Picardi to DIY Depot,
and back to the Post Office opposite Picardi (see floor plan below):
Picardi Rebel Bottle Store
): Telephone 011 802-0964
, Fax 011 802-0965, Cell 079 695 2054
– Reopened 11 November next to the eastern entrance on the lower level. For your alcoholic needs (or should that be "for your alcoholic's need"?).
Contact: Yolanda. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
): Telephone 011 440 5885, 074 315 4962
– Interesting Ladies' clothing, bags, shoes, boots, and accessories.
Contact: Jenny. e-mail email@example.com
Bookdealers of Morningside (ex Rivonia)
): Telephone 011 656-7026
, Fax 011 485-4825
– Book shop: Large variety of publishers' overstocks (remainders), extensive and interesting selection of rare and out-of-print, and second-hand books. This shop also specialises in Judaica. Moved from Rivonia on 1 June 2010. Open M-F 09:00-20:00, Sat 09:00-18:00, Sun 10:00-18:00.
Contact: Vivienne. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com Group web site
Wimpy Morning Glen
(Shop 05): Telephone 011 656-1202, Fax 011 656-1201
– Famous Fast food. Reopened December 2010.
Cell-C Morning Glen
): Telephone 084 990 0395, 011 804 9612
, Fax 011 804-9613, Cell 084 977 1799
– Cell phone contracts, cellular phones and accessories.
The Art Company
): Telephone 011 656-2012
, Fax 011 656-2373, Cell 083 294-4483
– Picture Framers and Art Gallery. Custom framing, original South African art, speciality framing, easels and artists' canvas, framed mirrors, blockmounting, prints, photographic prints.
Contact: Jacqui McCann. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
ATMs: Lost ATM Cards 0800 111 155 (Absa), 0800 110 132 (FNB), 0800 020 600 (Std)
– ABSA, Nedbank, First National Bank and Standard (all just inside the south entrance outside Pick 'n Pay). The nearest Nedbank is upstairs, FNB and Standard in Morningside Shops, and all four banks have branches in Rivonia.
(Shop 11): Telephone 011 802-3034, Cell 082 454-3149
– Processing of photographs; copies made.
): Telephone 011 802-5747.
, Fax 011 802-5748, Cell 083 656-6147
– Faster mail, parcel courier, post boxes, faxing and copying. Now directly outside Pick 'n Pay.
): Telephone 011 656-2247
– Vet Shop: Veterinary-quality Pet Food: Vet's Choice, Eukanuba, Hills, Iams, etc., pet toys, dog and cat beds etc. Opened 1 March 2010 at the end of passage next to Postnet. .
Contact: Dr Nicky Greenblatt, BVsc (Veterinarian). e-mail gallomanor@AnimalPharm.co.za
Sensational Blinds & Flooring
): Fax 011 656-5100
– Opened 24 August opposite the escalators. Carpets, under-carpet heating, canvas awnings roller blinds, canopies, laminated flooring, blinds: Vertical, wooden, bamboo, venetian, pleated, roman, honeycomb.
e-mail email@example.com web site
): Telephone 011 656-0234, Group 0860 CLICKS
– Health, Home and Beauty Store. Healthcare advice, low medicine prices and a shop offering a wide range of beauty and healthcare products.
e-mail Group: firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
): Telephone 011 656-2365
– Computer sales and repairs. Electronics. Cell phone repairs, water-damaged phones. Buy second-hand phones. Batteries and phone accessories. Remote batteries. Airtime: Telkom, Vodacom, MTN, Cell-C.
): Telephone 072 093 4390
– Barber shop, Men's Grooming. Men's and boys haircuts R100-R130, Shave & funky beard styling; head shave R90, threading. Open M-F 09:00-12:00, 14:00-18:00, Sat 09:00-16:00, Sun 09:00-15:00.
Contact: Ramy & Eric. e-mail email@example.com
Luxury Curtain and Décor
(Shop 18) – haberdashery, ground floor, opposite MICA opening 01 October 2012.
Morning Glen Mica
): Telephone 011 802-2638
, Fax 011 802-2926
– All essential hardware: Paint, glue, fastenings, wheelbarrows, home and garden tools, basic keys, gas refills, fans, heaters, pool items, gadgets, helpful advice and great service! Open M-F 08:00-18:00, Sat 08:00-16:30, Sunday 09:00-13:00, non-religious Public Holidays 09:00-14:00. Closed on Ascension Day.
Contact: Tyrone (Manager) / Jayson / Alan. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
): Telephone 011 656 4470, Head Office 031 303 9670
– Opened 27 August 2013, replacing Meltz. "Famous for less": Top quality fashion brands for the whole family. Open 7 days a week, JAM gives shoppers the best value for the lowest price.
e-mail email@example.com Group web site
Pick n Pay Clothing
): Telephone 011 656 2471
– Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc. Compliments the range found at the main Pick n Pay.
Contact: Judith. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Perfect 10 Morning Glen
): Telephone 011 656-2449
– Nails, Facials (Guinot, Environ, Demalogica), Manicure, Pedicure, wax, tinting, lash extensions, massage.
Contact: Neesha Ramsumar. e-mail NeeshaRamsumar@gmail.com
): Telephone 011 802-3707
, Fax 011 802-8567
– Carol Boyes pewter, ceramics, silver, homeware and gifts, artificial flowers, cushions, linen, cloths, mirrors, glassware and candles.
Pick 'n Pay
(Shop 30): Telephone 011 802-3118 / 804-1242
– Supermarket: household items, groceries, fresh bread, fruit and vegetables, specialist foods, delicatessen, snacks, clothing, much more... Has a good range of items, including Kosher foods for the large Jewish community nearby. Open M-F 08:00-189:00, Saturdays 08:00-16:00, Sundays and Public Holidays 09:00-15:00.
): Fax 011 022 3402, Cell 083 440 3402
– Cards, gifts, wrapping and occasions.
Contact: Martin. Group web site
Revive Dry Cleaners
(Shop 33): Telephone 011 656-6991
– Dry cleaning, clothing alterations and shoe repairs.
): Telephone 071 687 6155
– Printer ink and toner cartridge refills: Generic and original for all popular makes: Lexmark, HP, Samsung, Epson, Canon.
House of Judaica
): Telephone 011 051 5192
– Jewish books and gifts. Closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays.
): Telephone 011 802-1706
– Health Shop: Whole food, herbal and homeopathic remedies.
Contact: Nicky. e-mail ZenHealth4u@gmail.com
Leather and Luggage
): Telephone 079 145-0848
– now open on the Lower Level. Leather goods: bags, suitcases, belts,
Contact: Gina. e-mail email@example.com
Curry & Spice
): Telephone 011 656 66178, 071 324-1361, Cell 084 206-7004
– Authentic Indian spices and take-away food.
Contact: Komala Nydoo. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Biltong and Nuts
): Telephone 071 382 0954, 076 112 1928
– beef and game biltong (whole and sliced), nuts, sweets.
Contact: Carin & Memory. e-mail email@example.com
Willo Tree Boutique
): Telephone 083 227 3651
– Ladies' boutique – unique imported clothing at affordable prices. Opened September 2012.
Contact: Elana. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallo Manor Post Office
(Shop 38-39): Telephone 011 802-4078
– Stamps, snail mail, telegrams, parcel post, post box applications, telephone applications, telephone books, pay-a-bill, airtime, banking, courier, money transfer, philately, photocopying, fax, micro-loans, stationery, internet, binding, laminating, Lotto. Hours 08:30-17:00 Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 09:00-17:00 Wednesday, 08:00-13:00 Saturday. Reopening soon opposite Picardi Rebel.
Advertise here: Seen by 30,155 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this or R1000 for
the top banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
Shops in the Upper Level (First Floor):
Back to top
These are listed in shop order, clockwise from Spur at the the east entrance,
to Woolwortths in the west, and back to the Spur. Manor Pharmacy has its own entrance directly onto the parking area
on the south in the middle. See floor plan below.
Supa Quick Service Centre
): Telephone 011 804-1029 / 1046
, Fax 011 804 9384, Cell 082 955 1181
– on the Upper Parking on the side outside Manor Pharmacy (moved from the BP Garage) – car batteries, new tyres, tyre repairs, wheel balancing and alignment, tow-bars.
Contact: Joe Hamman (Branch Manager). e-mail email@example.com web site
e-toll Customer Service Outlet
): Group Tel 0800 SANRAL (726 725) (6am – 10pm Monday to Sunday)
– Temporary kiosk to register for an e-toll Account and sign your life away to SANRAL. Outside Spur. Open mall hours.
e-mail Group: firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
Silver Pine Spur
): Telephone 011 656-0715
– Steak Restaurant and Fast Food: Great steaks, salads, hamburgers, chicken, chips and soft drinks. – opened 9 March 2010 with an excellent attitude to customers. Children welcome – birthday parties a speciality.
Contact: Kyle. e-mail email@example.com
. Read Restaurant review here
): Telephone 011 656-0653/ 0331 Nick 073 1701566
– Fast food: Salads, hamburgers, hot dogs, toasted sandwiches, chips (fries) and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Contact: Nick. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
): Telephone 011 656-0652/ 0378 Nick 073 1701566
– Fast food: Pizzas, pasta, subs (submarine sandwiches), salads, and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Contact: Nick. e-mail email@example.com web site
Kelly’s Nails & Beauty
): Telephone 011 804-3134, Cell 083 506-1632
– Nail Bar, manicures, pedicures, nail art, eye lashes, waxing depileve, tinting, vitamin therapy, aromatherapy massage.
Contact: Cookie Pillay. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Manor Pharmacy and Medicine Depot
): Telephone 011 804-4040
, Fax 011 804-3495 (not yet working), Emergencies 082 556 2296
– Dispensary, top cosmetics and fragrances, Health shop (Large) coffee shop, Beauty salon. Great gifts for all occasions. Estee Lauder, Clarins, Kanebo, Elizabeth Arden, Vichy, Roc, Revlon, Almay, Bioderma. Open 08:30 to 20:30 Monday to Saturday,.09:00 to 20:30 Sunday and Public holidays.
Coffee Shop & Home Industry
): Telephone 011 804 4040
– Inside Manor Pharmacy, on your right as you enter from the mall. Tea, coffee, cakes and cookies.
): Telephone 802-2718, Cell 082 657 3591
– Teplov and Block Pointé shoes, Ballet, Jazz. Ballroom, Gym, Spanish and Tap Shoes; full range of Leotards for gym and Dancing; Kryloan make-up; fancy dress and masks.
Contact: Smiley. e-mail email@example.com
The 3 Little Chefs
): Telephone 011 656 3628/4581
– Opened early May 2013: kitchenware, baking, cutlery, tea sets, dishes, bowls etc.
Contact: Stephanie Naidoo. e-mail StephanieNaidoo@live.co.za
(Shop 49 & 50
): Telephone 011 656-0382 / 0405
, Fax 011 656-2439, 24-hr Care Line 0860 102043
– Open M-F 08:00-17:00, Sat 08:00-13:00. The worst experience I've had at a bank: Bureaucratic, small-minded, petty, customer-hostile, capriciously making up rules that don’t match their written ones, then rigid in applying them to the customer’s detriment. Run by a manageress who has no interest in her customers, a slovenly gum-chewing obstructive assistant manager, and a consultant that misinforms customers and then avoids responsibility.
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com Group web site
(Shop 53): Telephone 011 656-0037
– now open near Woolworths (Entrance 5) on the upper level. Mooz Brothers is a Kosher Deli with outside seating. They serve fresh kosher food and also have a delicious bakery section. They also do cakes, quiches, assorted platters and catering for home and party requirements. Delicious!
Mr Price Gallo Manor
(Shop 60 & 61): Telephone 011 656 5235
– Affordable clothing: Casual and formal wear: Men's, ladies, children. Footwear, shoes, accessories. Opened 29 March 2012.
Contact: Sharon (Manager).
Polly Potters Toy Store (Morning Glen)
): Telephone 011 656 4282
– opened 1 Feb 2013. A quality range of toys and gifts for babies, toddlers and young children. Unique designed products, a selection of traditional, wooden, and educational toys sourced from around the world.
e-mail PollyPotter@telkomsa.net Group web site
Bontlelicious Ethnic Hair Salon
): Telephone 011 656 1457, 083 280 4300
– Opened 5 May 2012. Facebook: Bontlelicious hair salon, Twitter: @bontleliciousHS.
Contact: Manzi (Manager) & Palesa. e-mail bontleliciousHS@gmail.com web site
): Telephone 011 262 4203
– Prime Persian carpets and rugs. Opened 1 July 2013, First Floor opposite Nedbank.
): Telephone 011 656 6997 / 6984, Cell 078 442-5659
– Wigs, Hair extensions, after-care products and accessories. In the middle of the upper level, on the circular court, next to Headhunters.
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
Headhunters Advanced Hairstyling
): Telephone 011 802-7403, 011 804-1019
– Unisex hair salon for all ages, operating for 30 years. Highly qualified staff with loyal cliental. Enjoy a back- or a head-and-neck massage. Monthly specials: make sure you are on our data base! Open Monday – Saturday; Sundays by appointment only.
Contact: Sharon (owner). e-mail email@example.com
Avon Mitri Optometrist
): Telephone 011 802-2057/8
, Fax 011 804-3553,
– Contact lens, Children's vision and low-vision practitioner.
): Telephone 011 802-2886 (coming)
– Stationery, books, magazines, newspapers, tapes, CDs and DVDs, photographic.
Contact: Dees. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Natural Effects Hair Design
): Telephone 011 804-6402/3, Michelle 072 297-3051, Bernadette 072 936-1138
– Ladies' and men's hairdressers: a team of friendly, highly qualified stylists specializing in advanced hair care using Redken and Loreal. Kérastase retail products for sale. Open Monday – Sunday by appointment.
Contact: Michelle and Bernadette. e-mail email@example.com
Vilai-Lai Thai Massage
): Telephone 074 546-6165
– Offering a range of massage & therapy treatments to leave you relaxed and invigorated - Traditional Thai, Aromatherapy, Herbal Compress. Upper floor, next to Kiyota Sushi and opposite Pizza Perfect.
Contact: Nong. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
Links on This Page:|
Nearby Places of Interest
Google Map of the Area
Subscribe to our
"Shopping in Sandton"
You can unsubscribe safely at any time.
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F. This page is provided as a public service – please
any corrections or to advertise.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home page – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Other Shopping Centres in the Morningside area:
The Wedge, Morningside
Centre (Rivonia Road)
Morning View, South Road
Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Oriental City Rivonia
Early Dawn Mall
Other Shops in Rivonia
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurants in Morningside,
Shopping Centres in Woodmead:
Overview of Shops in Woodmead
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Other Places of Interest:
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of the
population donates blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall.