Links on This Page:
Ground Floor Restaurants
Ground Floor Shops
Lower Level Shops
Nearby Places of Interest
Links to Other Pages:
Home Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Woodmead, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Other Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Early Dawn Mall
Shopping Centres in Morningside:
90 Degrees on Rivonia
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
Morning View Shopping Centre
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Other Places of Interest:
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R190/month!
Around 6000 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
This shopping centre is on Rivonia Boulevard across Ninth Avenue from the
Rivonia Village Shops in central Rivonia. Tenants include the Rivonia Post
Office, a Chinese Supermarket (replacing Pick 'n Pay), indoor Go-Karting,
and Arabian and Chinese restaurants. The centre was originally called The
Cloisters (it was built on the site of a Carmelite Convent) and then, until
late 2012, Rivonia Square. A revamp
in 2007 left a light, airy, pleasant centre. It was taken over by a
Chinese company in mid 2012, renamed as Oriental City Rivonia, and is now
mainly tenanted with Chinese shops, some of which speak a little
English. Most do not have e-mail, and some have no telephones. One
wonders how many pay tax or VAT.
There are 1000 parking bays on five levels. Parking is free (unlike at Rivonia Village
next door). The parking entrances are on 9th Ave and Wessels Road.
As at December 2016 parking control does not work: You just drive in and out
through the open booms, assuming your car has not left without you. There is some security in the
To get there, you would probably travel along Rivonia Road. From the N1
Motorway, take the Rivonia off-ramp and turn South (towards central Sandton).
From central Sandton, travel north on Rivonia Road. Turn east (the only
direction possible) at the Ninth Avenue T-junction and the centre will be one
block further on your left starting with "Shaam" Restaurant, with the
ground level parking first, and then the underground parking
entrance down the hill near the end of the block.
There are a large number of shops to let in the centre: Contact Centre Manager:
Janine Lin: Telephone 087 702 1788 X 873 Oriental City Investments.
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site.
To search this page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
Kindly tell contacts that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za!
This page is provided as a public service because Oriental City Rivonia's web page
has minimal shop information please
any corrections or to advertise.
Click any e-mail link below to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from
here. As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the
contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
All Newsletters 2009-date,
Advertise here: Seen by 11,609 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this, or
or call 082 389-3482.
Restaurants in the Ground Floor on Rivonia Boulevard
- SHAAM Arabian Restaurant & Butchery (Shop GA01): Telephone 074 895 5555 Arabian food. Syrian cuisine. Shawarma. Falafel. Kebabs. "Arabian braai". Halal butchery. Hubbly bubbly. Shisha Lounge. Replaced The Slug and Lettuce. Contact: Khaled: https facebook page
- Zhen Xian Ge (Shop GA02): Telephone 083 407 4904 Chinese Restaurant.
Room to Let in Morningside Manor, Available Now!
Single Bedroom with shared full bathroom. Shared lounge, dining room, patio, and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including washing). Close to shops and bus routes. To Let for one person only. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
Shops on the Ground Floor
Approximately in this order clockwise as you walk in from the 9th Ave
Entrance (next to Shaam Restaurant) or Parking Level 3 . If you come in from Rivonia Boulevard next to
the closed Little Sheep Restaurant, start at Kelitina Spa Health Club and then follow round clockwise (to the
- Vacant Shops To Let (many): Suki 087 702 1788.
- M & W Empire (Shop GB16) Chinese Men's Clothing Store: Not prepared to give contact details or speak English, clearly does not want your business.
- Secret Zone (Shop GB15A): Telephone 072 119 1168, 084 465 7997 Ladies lingerie, erotic fantasy costumes and games.
- B.y (Shop GB14): Telephone 072 922 6557 Ladies' clothing. Contact: Michael: e-mail SH0729226557@163.com
- Nail Stop Bar (Shop GB12): Telephone 073 141 8228 Handbags and luggage. web site
- Red Rose (Shop GB11): Telephone 072 573 1364 Chinese traditional clothing and gifts. Dresses, jackets, trousers, accessories, shirts, bags. Eco and white porcelain. Cordless and stovetop kettles. Gifting accessories: Chinese tea sets, cloths, fans, lanterns, umbrellas. Contact: Rose and Mildred.
- Kelitina Spa Health Club & Beauty Salon (Shop GC01): Telephone 071 869 8891, 076 945 1017, WhatsApp 076 2222 808 Face care, nanometre steam room, body slimming, cupping (for putative weight loss), professional nail bar, hairdressing.
- Cell Stop (Shop GC05): Telephone 072 966 2913, 063 230 8937 Cellphone and computer sales, repairs, accessories. Water damage, screen problems, all hardware and software. LG, Samsung, Blackberry, etc.
- Maxway (Shop GE14): Telephone 074 497 7977, 082 555 5238 Ostrich and crocodile leather handbags, purses, wallets and belts.
- ABSA Cash Express ATM at the head of the passage next to Zubi Cellular.
- Zubi Cellular & Computer Accessories (Shop GC06): Rudy 073 214 1109 Wholesale cell phones, cellular accessories, and watches. Contact: Zubi 082 700 5127.
- Pei Light House (Shop GB10): Telephone 0744 977 977, 082 5555 238 Lights and chandeliers. Contact: Mao.
- Playtime (Shop GB07): Telephone 072 496 3515, 087 702 1803 Apparently plastic play-parks for small kids. No attendant - phone for information.
- Rivonia Tailors: Telephone 011 807 3958 Tailor. Clothing Alterations. Open mall hours. Moved from Rivonia Village 1st Floor. e-mail email@example.com
- Pavlos Manufacturing Jewellers (PMJ) (Shop GB05): Telephone 011 803 5914, 082 955 9779 Jewellers: Sell and buy. In the Level 3 Car Park entrance. Open M-F 09:00-17:00, Saturday 09:00-13:00. Contact: Paul.
- May Omo (Shop GB04): Telephone 073 583 3524, 061 226 6542 Call & WhatsApp African and English ladieswear.
- May Omo Kitchen (Shop GB03): Telephone 073 583 3524, 061 226 6542 Call & WhatsApp African foods.
- Dιcor Studio (Shop GB01/02): Telephone 082 446 3454 Make up curtains and blinds. Do upholstery. Wall paper, furniture, lighting, flooring, other interior dιcor accessories. Contact: Ebrahim: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org https facebook page
Shops in the Lower Level:
Listed in order clockwise from the Parking Level 1
entrance (i.e. shops on your left first), around to the Chinese Supermarket, and
continuing clockwise back to the Parking entrance:
- Vacant Shops To Let (many): Suki 087 702 1788.
- Simply The Best: Telephone 011 807 4890, 082 465 9482 Dry Cleaners (in Parking Level 1, Lower Level).
- Standard Bank ATM: Lost ATM Cards 0800 020 600 (Std) In Parking Level 1 near the pedestrian entrance, next to the Dry Cleaners.
- O'Hara (Shop L10-11): Telephone 072 975 1082 Curtain material shop, tie-backs, makes curtains. Contact: Jane: e-mail email@example.com
- Much Better Living (Shop L07): Telephone 072 599 4882 Chinese Home Variety Store: Clocks, vases, glassware, household things, toilet paper, lamps.
- SA Cellular (Shop L04): Telephone 071 913 1102 Cellphone and computer accessories: Car phone chargers, covers, cell phone coating. Contact: Amir: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Furniture Manufacturer Retail (Shop L03): Telephone 083 268 8863 Chinese and South African furniture. Extensive shop to furnish the bedroom, lounge, dining-room, patio, office and boardroom. Contact: Giselle: e-mail email@example.com
- Rivonia Asian Supermarket (Shop L01): Telephone 011 803 8900 Extensive Supermarket opened 27 Sept 2014 in place of the Pick n Pay. A variety of foods from Korea, China, Japan, Thailand and Taiwan. Sushi Bar, Bento Box Bar, Taiwanese Beef Noodle Bar and a Bakery.
- Rivonia Post Office (Shop L26): Telephone 011 803 1028, Fax 011 807 7398 Post, telegrams, snail mail, parcel post, vehicle licenses. Hours 09:00-18:00 M-F, 08:00-14:00 Sat, 09:00-12:00 Sundays.
- Bag Town (Shop L21/22): Telephone 011 234 0362, Fax 011 234 0363 All kinds of bags, handbags, travel luggage. Contact: Rachel 011 622 3338.
- Rato (Shop L19-20): Telephone 076 341 2418 Stationery, gifts, toys, inflatable toys, games. Contact: Lily.
- Tic Tac Toes (Shop L17): Telephone 072 980 9888 ? Chinese Party Shop: All sorts of things for parties. Contact: Christine.
- FF Unisex Hair Salon (Shop L16): Telephone 082 348 5552, 011 075 3847. Contact: P Capable: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Superkart Racing Indoor GoKarting: Telephone 011 027 7033 In Level 1 (bottom) parking. Open Tues-Fri 12:00-19:00, Sat 10:00-19:00, Sun & Holidays 11:00-17:00. Menu of racing options from R80 (5 min) to R270 (20 min), party packages, team building. Contact: Linda: e-mail email@example.com web site
Upstairs Offices (At the top of all the Escalators):
- The Lofts at Oriental City: Telephone 083 698 5256 Sectional Title Development of 95 Units from R855,600 including VAT, no transfer duty. Option for guaranteed 2-year rental. Lifestyle amenities, gym access. Occupation end 2016. Contact: Zana (Jawitz Properties).
- Planet Fitness (Shop FF16): Telephone 011 803 7944 Large fully-equipped gym with swimming-pool and questionable ethics: Beware of their "special offers" that claim to be giving you "free" membership as a "prize" but then charge fees anyway. web site
- Love Fashion Boutique (Shop FF15) Evening wear.
- SPA Esthetique (FF13, Level 5): Telephone 011 024 4121, 011 234 0402, 084 493 5739 Hair, nails, skin, body. Up the escalators, opposite Planet Fitness. Stress-relieving spa, beautifying facial & anti-aging, hair & scalp care, "aesthetic curve management". e-mail info@SPAesthetique.co.za web site
- Oriental City Investments (Head Office) (Shop Block 1): Telephone 087 702 1788, Fax 011 803 8427 They run Oriental City Rivonia, Bruma, Atlas Lifestyle Centre, and Centurion Oriental City (Pretoria). Contact: Janine Lin: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Body & Mind Studio (Shop Block 2) Dance Studio.
- Protea Hotel (Shop Block 2) Hotel chain Head Office.
- Shaimeng Lui (Shop Block 2) Chinese Kung Fu School .
- Sisters of Faith Ministries (Shop Block 2) Local Church, superstition.
- Ultimately (Shop Block 2) Local Recruitment Agency.
Nearby Places of Interest include:
- Rivonia Village Shopping Centre (formerly Mutual Village) opposite on
Ninth Avenue (not to be confused with Rivonia Village townhouse complex
the first "Rivonia Village" at
4 Whelan Close, off Stiglingh Road). Nearest Nedbank, FNB, & ATM.
- Early Dawn Shopping Centre
diagonally opposite on 9th Avenue and Rivonia Boulevard.
- Mutual Mews Shopping Centre next
to Early Dawn.
- Rivonia Village Vet, Veterinary surgeon and pet food supplier,
cor. Eighth Ave and Stiglingh Rd, Rivonia (nowhere near either of the "Rivonia Village"
complexes), Tel: 011 803-3122, Fax: 011 803-1663,
- Rivonia Municipal Library corner 10th Avenue and Rivonia Boulevard.
- Hatfield VW Rivonia, large Volkswagen dealer and workshop, opposite the
centre on Rivonia Boulevard.
If you use the contact details on this page to get hold of anyone, please
tell them that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za!
For information on local accommodation, other local amenities, and this site's contact
details, click Here (Megaplex
Shopping centres in the area:
Shops in Rivonia on Rivonia Boulevard and 9th
Avenue, Shops in Northern Rivonia on and
around Rivonia Boulevard and 11th Avenue,
Rivonia, The Wedge, Morningside.
Megaplex Contact Details and Map